Thread: Removing A2 stock RE tips.

Feedback Score

Removing A2 stock RE tips.

I have a RR complete lower and I am trying to remove the A2 receiver extension so I can put on a BCM m4 stock assembly. But for the life of me I cannot get the damn thing off I put it into a padded vise used a wrench and torqued on it a little. But nothing is it really that hard or am I missing something.

Feedback Score
    I had a same thing on mine. They used a red LocTite to keep it in place. Just secure a lower somehow and use a lot of force to turn and break that LocTite

Feedback Score
    Cool let me go try it again.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Get a torque wrench, set it at 40 psi and attach the armorer's tool with the reciever extension tube adapter on it (keeping it locked in a vice - preferablly with the magwell vice block. You can also try heating the area of the lock tite a little before you do that.

Feedback Score
    I had an A2-stocked rifle once that must have been assembled by 800lb. gorillas - it was so tight the flats on the end of the buffer tube actually rounded off and I ended up having to use a pipe wrench to get it loose. And come to find out, there was no loktite used at all!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    I had a same thing on mine. They used a red LocTite to keep it in place. Just secure a lower somehow and use a lot of force to turn and break that LocTite
    NO! DO NOT USE "Alot of force" to remove it... Use HEAT!
    Apply heat to the buffer tube just behind the lower.
    the heat will break the locktite and let you remove the tube WITHOUT destroying
    the tube or your lower...

KyAKGuy

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Use A LOT of heat from a commercial heat gun. I recently work on some Colt and GM Hydra M16A1s that were very tight and required a lot of heat and gloves.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)