Thread: Ruger Precision Rifle Scope ring height

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Ruger Precision Rifle Scope ring height

I purchased the RPR Gen2 in 6.5 Creedmoor and paired it with the Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50. For now I have an ADM 30mm Recon mount which I think is 1.470 and I have decent clearance from the objective to the handguard. The problem of this (for me atleast) is that I have to adjust the comb higher, I'm not really a fan of that. I was looking into a set of rings, I've seen around the web that a lot of people were using the Vortex Precision rings -High mount- 1.265 and that gave them less than an 1/8in of clearance between the objective and handguard. Is there any issue with the heat from the barrel or ? I really want to use the NightForce 6 screw rings and I see that they have the option for the 1.265 and 1.375 Xhigh...I'm leaning towards the 1.375

I guess my question is does anyone else have this rifle, using a 50mm objective, what set of rings did you go with?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Any chance you will switch to a hand guard with full 12 o'clock picatinny? If so, you will want the 1.4x height mount.
    Are you really going to notice the scope being 0.10" lower?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I use a 1.5" for pretty much everything I'm not using a 1.9-2.0 on.
    The NF mount is a little under that, but still fine.
    Works with cip-on NV, not too low, and anything with an adjustable cheekpiece is going to iron out that 0.2" difference that will be the difference between the optic fitting on the gun or not.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    if you can find the Gen2 "enhanced" handguard used... it's very very nice

the gen1 sucked balls and it was night/day diff between the two