Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Need help making up my mind on a red dot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    By definition it's a chinese knockoff.

PS - this is a torture test:
    That's not elaborating but ok, whatever. I've seen this video, who hasn't? Deployed with CCOs and have owned aimpoint Pros, and not trying to swing dicks with name brands here. Not sure who stated they were on the same level as aimpoint. Just trying to find out what makes Holosuns unworthy or "knock offs". No one has a real answer as I expected, they never do.
    Last edited by GHOS7; 08-04-17 at 16:45.
    "We invaded, built pizza huts, installed wifi, and drew d*cks on everything. We pretty much won."
    Instagram: whiskey_actual_

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Unclear if your serious or just trolling but I'll play. How about Holosuns have a cheap emitter, cheap housing, cheap electronics, junk mount, they are made in china, they have a high failure rate compared to Aimpoint. Look at the reviews on Amazon or other sites and you will find reviews showing Holosuns that came DOA or dies just days after purchase which tells you they have poor QC. Aimpoints return numbers are some of the lowest in any industry, they are all made by hand and they are a ISO 9001 shop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Unclear if your serious or just trolling but I'll play. How about Holosuns have a cheap emitter, cheap housing, cheap electronics, junk mount, they are made in china, they have a high failure rate compared to Aimpoint. Look at the reviews on Amazon or other sites and you will find reviews showing Holosuns that came DOA or dies just days after purchase which tells you they have poor QC. Aimpoints return numbers are some of the lowest in any industry, they are all made by hand and they are a ISO 9001 shop.
    Not sure how a legitimate request for elaboration is trolling. You keep comparing directly to aimpoint, once again, who stated they were on the same level as aimpoints? Lol, calm down man, no one is trying to attack your mighty aimpoint. I've seen some pretty good feedback on optics planet but haven't shopped on amazon for optics so I'll check the reviews. The reviews I HAVE seen have been outstanding. I've heard about individuals having mount issues. Can you provide any sources regarding the cheap electronics, housing and emitter? And yes, I know they're made in China; you mentioned that a few times.
    "We invaded, built pizza huts, installed wifi, and drew d*cks on everything. We pretty much won."
    Instagram: whiskey_actual_

Feedback Score
    So I bought the Trijicon MRO after being recommended by members on this forum when I was going back and forth between the MRO and a second Pro. So far I like it, feels really solid. I do have astigmatism so the red dot on both my MRO and Pro is a bit blury but less so on the MRO it is a bit more crisp. There is a slight magnification but nothing too bad. I'll know more once I shoot it.

Feedback Score
    From my perspective, if you're not wanting to spend as much for the optic as for the rifle, the Aimpoint Pro is probably the best "all around" introduction to red dot sights.

Pros:

1. Robust
    2. Long battery life
    3. User friendly
    4. Accessorized with lense covers and a way to instantly mount it on the rifle
    6. Very affordable price for something combat-worthy

Cons:

1. Battery may be hard to find in your area (it is here--had to order from Amazon)
    2. Some people consider the mount to be less than ideal
    3. Larger and heavier than other options
    4. Control knob is small

Still, even after selling mine to fund my first ACOG, I miss my little Aimpoint Pro and I may get another at some point. It's a great introductory optic.

Feedback Score
    Is the Aimpoint CompM4 still holding it own as a combat optic? There are so many alternatives currently. Not planning to sell mine.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    Is the Aimpoint CompM4 still holding it own as a combat optic? There are so many alternatives currently. Not planning to sell mine.
    Yes..

Feedback Score
    "Im currently going back and forth between buying a second Aimpoint Pro or the Trijicon MRO"

What's the end of this story?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    In the end, the answer to this question always comes down to:

a) Is this a serious use rifle? If so, only Aimpoint applies.
    b) Is this a range toy rifle? If so, anything will work (at least for a while).
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    And that is why FOV doesn't make any difference on a RDS.
    I get what you're saying here, and I think it's probably true for most shooters, but couldn't the larger FOV help for people who take a split-second longer to find the dot before firing? I've got a couple of cross eye dominant buddies who have dealt with this. They've said the larger FOV make and huge difference and they all shoot with both eyes open.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast