Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help making up my mind on a red dot.

Feedback Score
    Schweet!

If you don't like it, maybe take a look at this, Eurooptic has an Aimpoint ACO for the stoopid price of $319…

http://www.eurooptic.com/aimpoint-ca...403e-158787673

Tell us what you think re the MRO.

Good Luck.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    MRO is a good bet if you get one past a certain serial #
    Last edited by Torquetard; 07-24-17 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Either try the MRO, or spend more and get an H2 on a Scalar mount. It's hard to learn what you want until you've tried it. You might take some loss on the selling side if you decide you're not as much into it, but a single mag of 55gr is $7-9.

the PRO is indeed a solid optic (I own one) and a great deal for what you pay for, but the weight and mount matter over time more than the $$$ spent on the lighter optics. Wait for either the MRO or Micro to go on sale and sell it if you don't like it when they're not.

SWFA had a pretty good deal on MROs a few months back. Just be patient and get WHAT YOU WANT. Sell if if you discover it's not.
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 07-22-17 at 06:42. Reason: sp

Feedback Score
    My neighbor bought a MRO a few months ago and neither of us really care for it. There is a noticeable amount of magnification and the blue tint is annoying. I got blasted for mentioning this on TOS and was told it's an issue with us and not the optic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have both a T2 and MRO. I like the larger FOV on the MRO, but that's it. The blue tint and slight magnification is noticeable to me...but I'm looking for it since I know it's there. When you go to shoot it, you won't notice. I just happen to have both and prefer the aimpoint. Theyre both excellent.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Of those that like the FOV, at which magnification setting are you guys running on your MRO?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    I dont run any magnification. Its like 1.05x instead of a true 1x. Very hard to notice unless I look for it but since I know its there i look for it, but when actively looking for it, it sometimes gives me a headache. Ignorance is bliss. It's a nice sight.

Basically, imo, it comes down to whether or not you want a better FOV and price or a clearer sight picture with closer to 1x and no blue tint when comparing MRO to a T2. I run both eyes open so I don't notice the FOV that much, so the aimpoint is my choice. I also could say the aimpoints durability is proven. I'm not saying the MRO isn't durable. It appears to be every bit as durable as the aimpoint in most reviews I've seen. It just doesn't have the sample size that the micro does.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
    I run both eyes open...
    And that is why FOV doesn't make any difference on a RDS.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    SilentRecon its a knockoff micro and not in the same league as trij or aimpoint. If you have lots of rifles that need red dots they are great for the range.
    Can someone elaborate on how its a knockoff? Doesn't seem like there are many different ways to make a micro red dot, plus Holosun's are like the only ones with the solar feature unless I'm missing something. Are they only good for the range? There's like a plethora of torture test videos with the Holosun variants and they seem to be built very well.
    Last edited by GHOS7; 08-04-17 at 16:01.
    "We invaded, built pizza huts, installed wifi, and drew d*cks on everything. We pretty much won."
    Instagram: whiskey_actual_

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOS7 View Post
    Can someone elaborate on how its a knockoff? Doesn't seem like there are many different ways to make a micro red dot, plus Holosun's are like the only ones with the solar feature unless I'm missing something. Are they only good for the range? There's like a plethora of torture test videos with the Holosun variants and they seem to be built very well.
    By definition it's a chinese knockoff.

PS - this is a torture test:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast