Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help making up my mind on a red dot.

Feedback Score

Need help making up my mind on a red dot.

Im currently going back and forth between buying a second Aimpoint Pro or the Trijicon MRO. It will be going on a BCM Recce 16" upper. I currently have an Aimpoint Pro sitting on a Colt LE6920 and I know for a fact those are rock solid and good to go. Now I can't make up my mind between going with what I know and just buy a second PRO or if I should roll the dice and try out the Trijicon MRO. So I was hoping you guys can give me a little convincing one way or another because I can't make up my mind.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've had an mro on my build and I've had zero issues with it. I like the wider field of you and think the adjustability for the intensity is easier to use in an AimPoint. I had a Pro, didn't like it and got a T1 instead. And I like the MRO better than the T1

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'd go with the MRO before another Pro.
    Mine has been a tank and trouble free.
    Maybe a draw between the Aimpoint micro's and MRO in my mind.

Feedback Score
    If you were only going to have one red dot, I would say Aimpoint. But since you already have one, try the MRO. Variety is the spice of life and it gives you experience.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    What is the use case for the BCM?

The pro is an excellent optic as you already know. The MRO is also nice. It has a nice large objective lense. FYI the lense definitely has a blue tint to it compared to the aimpoint. This is more noticeable for long range shots vs quick snap shots. I have a number of friends that have them and in the end, they went that route because they didnt want to pay for a h1/t1 or h2/t2. I would add to their credit they already have a h1/t1 on their main defensive rifle so they are just trying new things. If they end up not liking the MRO they will sell it.

My personal reason for not going with an MRO is because every piece of trij gear (4 RMR & a accupower) I have owned other than acogs has gone down. Trig has great customer service and they always fix whatever is broken in a somewhat timely manner. That to me is not the issue. The issue is them breaking in the first place. I have 4 aimpoint h1/t1/t2 and never have an issue including one that runs on an ultimak on an AK74 (gets just a little hot). The one time I had to use aimpoints cs I stripped a screw (totally my fault) on an h1 and sent it to aimpoint and I had a new h1 at my door within a week.

Just a data point and I am sure I am going to get roasted. Just relaying my experiences.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I only have aimpoint t-1 and a t-2. Ditched my Eotechs a long time ago before they had them all recalled. They have never given me a single issue. Both my RMRs have been excellent as well.

I don't want to derail anything but my neighbor is trying to convince me about a Holosun HS503c for one of my current builds. I'm not really familiar with them but looks like they get good reviews? Is it a knockoff micro or legitimate red dot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    themonk, primary use is home defense/personal protection, although I already have my Colt setup for that with a light and sling. But I figured two is one and one is none and three is even better after far as home defense guns go. I will also be adding a Surefire Scout M600 light to it as well. I just want to make sure the MRO is reliable and durable before I spend $500+ on it.
    Last edited by Glock9mm1990; 07-05-17 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have yet to hear of one going down. I just pinged a buddy that is .gov to see if they have done any testing. If I hear anything I will report back. Since you already have a secondary, I dont see a reason not to test it out. Don't pay $500 for it though, you should be able to find them for lowish $400s.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    Is it a knockoff micro or legitimate red dot?
    SilentRecon its a knockoff micro and not in the same league as trij or aimpoint. If you have lots of rifles that need red dots they are great for the range.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    He pinged me back and said they have been good to go for 18 months.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    I only have aimpoint t-1 and a t-2. Ditched my Eotechs a long time ago before they had them all recalled. They have never given me a single issue. Both my RMRs have been excellent as well.

I don't want to derail anything but my neighbor is trying to convince me about a Holosun HS503c for one of my current builds. I'm not really familiar with them but looks like they get good reviews? Is it a knockoff micro or legitimate red dot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the 503C. I find it to be a good red dot for the money if you want a circle (65 moa) / dot (2 moa). I wanted to try a circle / dot thus the purchase. Could give a rat about the solar deal other than I hope it doesn't screw up functionality. I run it in manual mode only. Noticed the circle is light sensitive on mine meaning it can get a little fuzzy if brightness is to bright to its liking. Not a show stopper by any means; just thought i'd point that out. Additionally, the 503C seems to have a proprietary "odd" height to it. I prefer absolute co-witness. I installed a Leapers MT-RSX5S Super Slim 3 Slot Picatinny Riser Mount .5" Height Black under it and got very close to what I wanted with my MBUS. About 1/2 dot (2 MOA) low of perfect absolute. All in all, I'm fine with it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast