Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Need help making up my mind on a red dot.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If one sees the tube on a red dot sight, they are not using the sight correctly....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    If one sees the tube on a red dot sight, they are not using the sight correctly....
    Seriously? It doesn't magically disappear when you open both of your eyes. One eye still sees the physical tube, even if it is blurry and not what you are looking at. Hell, when I look through my MRO and a T-1, I see more of the tube obstructing what is in front of my right eye because of how the tube is designed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Seriously? It doesn't magically disappear when you open both of your eyes. One eye still sees the physical tube, even if it is blurry and not what you are looking at. Hell, when I look through my MRO and a T-1, I see more of the tube obstructing what is in front of my right eye because of how the tube is designed.
    By focusing only on the target with the dot superimposed, the tube is non-noticeable in the fov. Doesn't matter if I pick up an M4, Pro, or T2, I just see the dot on the target, nothing else.. Again, if one is noticing the tube, they need to work on their skills or get training.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    By focusing only on the target with the dot superimposed, the tube is non-noticeable in the fov. Doesn't matter if I pick up an M4, Pro, or T2, I just see the dot on the target, nothing else.. Again, if one is noticing the tube, they need to work on their skills or get training.
    So the tube disappears? Completly? Am I understanding you correctly?

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I am not saying focus on the tube itself, but to say it disappears completely is false. Those areas covered by the tube, when it is in your eye sight, only have one eye ball looking at the target instead of two. The tube is still there, and you still see the tube, it is just you are focusing on something different. Now, that being said, your brain superimposes the other eyes image so you tend to look around the tube, but you are still seeing it, and some of your range of vision is obscured by it.

I have taken my super expensive laptop and powerful operating system to draw you some detailed diagrams of what I am talking about. The grey areas are the parts of your vision, from one eye, that are obscured and only one eye is feeding information to your brain. These grey areas have no perceivable depth perception because only one eye is giving you information. These grey areas, the tube is blocking your vision. The MRO, because of its tapered design, blocks less of the field of view that you have, and conversely, gives you better depth perception and a larger field of view so you can have your head not in perfect alignment and still see the dot.

The T1/T2 is a great optic, but others do it better in some areas. You can't really go wrong with any of the today's modern 2 way range optics.
    Last edited by nimdabew; 08-25-17 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I don't know...I'm sure that your super expensive laptop and powerful OS are really cool, but it looks like your representations are made up. It would be more clear if you labeled actual dimensions, but still...I'm not sure that these representations can be labeled as a proof even with it. I'm also not sure that what you are trying to illustrate has any bearing, whatsoever, because you are only use one eye as a single focal point.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I don't know...I'm sure that your super expensive laptop and powerful OS are really cool, but it looks like your representations are made up. It would be more clear if you labeled actual dimensions, but still...I'm not sure that these representations can be labeled as a proof even with it. I'm also not sure that what you are trying to illustrate has any bearing, whatsoever, because you are only use one eye as a single focal point.
    Yeah that's the whole point. One single eye, parts of your field of view is restricted, but with both eyes open, it appears to have the tube disappear even though it is not the case. Position of the RDS also plays a factor. With a MRO, you can position it so the walls of the sight are covering the least about if space because if your eye is directly behind the optic, you can make the illusion that your eye can look down both walls of the optic to cover the least amount of space. If you have an MRO, you can position it very far down the rail of your handguard so the restrictive part of your FOV is the rear lens, or, position it really close so the restrictive portion of your FOV is the front lens. The sweet spot to me is where it looks like the front lens fits inside of the rear lens, creating the least obstruction from the sides of the optic. It is a paralax situation.

Note, the images above are not to scale and the expensive equipment is tongue and cheek.

Feedback Score
    Just like the rear sight aperture, the RDS housing is blurred to my eyes except that my focus is on the target and not a front sight post.
    The tube doesn't disappear, it just isn't the focus of my attention...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456