Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KAC PDW

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Flood the market, and the price will drop... one way or the other
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Flood the market, and the price will drop... one way or the other
    Flood the market with what?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm somewhat eye balling a 9.5" SR30. But with regards to the PDW in blackout, we had a thread on that on TOS in the Knights industry sub forum.

They said it wasn't really feasible in that package without complete redesign since the 6mm cartridge generated pressure that was completely dissimilar to 5.56 or .300. Check it out, shouldn't be hard to find.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 07-09-17 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    I was really excited about it, but with 300BO filling the role of standard and sub sonic in a potentially portable form factor. I know the 300 isn't a real direct offset and the 6x35 has some real advantages in a true PDW, but by how much?

We've talked about it a few times. The concept is over 10 years old. I've since become a lot more resistant on new calibers.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I'm somewhat eye balling a 9.5" SR30. But with regards to the PDW in blackout, we had a thread on that on TOS in the Knights industry sub forum.

They said it wasn't really feasible in that package without complete redesign since the 6mm cartridge generated pressure that was completely dissimilar to 5.56 or .300. Check it out, shouldn't be hard to find.

I guess that pretty much seals the deal then. I think the route I'm going to end up going is an SR15 CQB. I think what I'm going to end up doing is getting a large North Face duffle so that I can carry the rifle and associated gear all in one bag, which also negates the need for a super short rifle package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I recall that discussion. The PDW uses a dual piston setup as it was required to run the proprietary PDW cartridge. I had a lengthy phone conversation years ago with Marvin Pitts about the PDW. IIRC he was the lead on the design team.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 07-09-17 at 21:36.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I have an Arsenal SLR 106UR Krinkov. It's about as compact as you'd feasibly want. I can add a small rail on the rear sight or rail on the gas tube plus forward rails but I don't care- so I just shoot it as is.

Feedback Score
    Yup. Whenever I get the itch for a PDW I remember that I have a Krinkov and that very few guns are going to be smaller and still fire rifle rounds.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    IMO I think it all depends if you want to be able to put a can on it. The AK sucks suppressed. If you want to silence it at some point, blackout with a pdw or folding stock is a better option. I love krinks but I think of them in my nfa brain as a stand alone guns that are not worth suppressing.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I recall that discussion. The PDW uses a dual piston setup as it was required to run the proprietary PDW cartridge. I had a lengthy phone conversation years ago with Marvin Pitts about the PDW. IIRC he was the lead on the design team.
    This is curious. What could be so different about the 6x35 that make it unsuitable for use with a conventional AR type gas system?

The system is quite flexible and has successfully been adapted to a wide range of cartridges from 45ACP to 458SOCOM and everything in between including 6.5,6.8,x39, 300blk subsonic etc.
    Last edited by Clint; 07-10-17 at 18:47.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast