Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: KAC PDW

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    IMO I think it all depends if you want to be able to put a can on it. The AK sucks suppressed. If you want to silence it at some point, blackout with a pdw or folding stock is a better option. I love krinks but I think of them in my nfa brain as a stand alone guns that are not worth suppressing.
    Seem to work fine. Here's a 106UR with a Gemtech HALO, would be quieter with the 7.62x39 obviously. I'm personally waiting on the Wolverine PBS-1 adapter for the 74 style front sight block.

Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 07-10-17 at 18:55.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Wolverine is a great can. It's not worth either of our time to argue the merits of suppressing an AK vs the AR platform.

Feedback Score
    Contrary to popular belief, the AK supresses very well - but you have to use a modern suppressor that has been designed for low back pressure. I've tested AK's, Krinks and SIG's with a Saimaa Still suppressor and there really is no gas to the face effect, even with 5.56 guns with short sub 9" barrels.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...essors-rifles/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    This is curious. What could be so different about the 6x35 that make it unsuitable for use with a conventional AR type gas system?

The system is quite flexible and has successfully been adapted to a wide range of cartridges from 45ACP to 458SOCOM and everything in between including 6.5,6.8,x39, 300blk subsonic etc.
    Its not. A 6x35mm gas tube upper already exists.

https://www.knightarmco.com/portfoli...features=sr635

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    That's the hotness right there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    This is curious. What could be so different about the 6x35 that make it unsuitable for use with a conventional AR type gas system?

The system is quite flexible and has successfully been adapted to a wide range of cartridges from 45ACP to 458SOCOM and everything in between including 6.5,6.8,x39, 300blk subsonic etc.
    I would't say that the Hornady offerings aren't compatible with DI operating systems is the issue. It's a combined total of pro's and con's. It would be more of an appropriate comparison between the SBR 5.56 and 300 Blackout offerings to that and weigh the advantages for uses and logistics for use.

Feedback Score
    They'd sell as many as they wanted to make.

Feedback Score
    I saw a LWRC PDW in 5.56 and a SIG MCX w/8" barrel chambered in 300 BLK and collapsible arm brace at my local gun shop. The LWRC was a SBR and had a HK MP5 style collapsible stock but both were out of my price range at 2 grand so they're still at the shop unless someone else bought them. I'm looking at getting the MPX with 4.5" barrel and collapsible arm brace as soon as I can find one used since the 1700 dollar tag is a bit out of my range.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Interrupt View Post
    They'd sell as many as they wanted to make.
    For what loss for the quantity? If I was in their position, I would hesitate to do that. I'm sure that they would rather make money than lose it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The KAC PDW is something I wish they would make although I know the chances are slim.

I'd rather have the LWRC SMG-45 as a smaller gun anyway(another gun I don't think we will ever see).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast