Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-QD scope mounts?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Non-QD scope mounts?

Been researching fixed scope mounts for weeks and have it narrowed down to a few: Nightforce, Badger, Geissele, Warne, Aero Precision. Geissele has a pretty good sale going on but still pricey. Are they worth it? Looking to go extended for more eye relief.

I am fully aware Geissele is a great mount, but have read they are hard going on and could chew up my Cerakoted rails. Anyone have experience on this? Not looking to have this happen as I am sure I will be adjusting it to get it right.

I like the Nightforce, but seems to not come in an extended version.

Mostly have decided on a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 24, on my BCM Reece 16.

Please weigh in as I am still open to insight and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dms888; 07-02-17 at 19:43.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    IMO putting a $300 dollar scope in a $300 mount could be compared to taking the senior class ho to the prom in a Ferrari. You will be fine with the AP mount.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    IMO putting a $300 dollar scope in a $300 mount could be compared to taking the senior class ho to the prom in a Ferrari. You will be fine with the AP mount.
    True, but was thinking if an investment was made in a quality scope mount, it gives me the option to not have to invest again once I move up to a better scope.
    Last edited by dms888; 07-02-17 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Don't get me wrong.. I like the AP mounts but if I were looking for something bomb proof I would get the Geissele but why get a bomb proof mount for a scope that probably isn't?? Here I go again... Would you put a 10K set of tires and wheels on a Corolla using the logic that one day you may own a Ferrari?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Here I go again... Would you put a 10K set of tires and wheels on a Corolla using the logic that one day you may own a Ferrari?
    There's a lot of guys in the hood who would disagree...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have a non QD Midwest Industries on one of my guns that has been very solid and seems like good value at the price they charge.

Feedback Score
    Take a look at the Aero Precision "Ultralight" SPR mount, you can pick one up from Granite Ridge Outfitters for $71.78.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Depending on what your looking for and what you want it to do - do not overlook Bobro Mfg. or LaRue Tactical is also another good option.

I have Warne return to zero base/rings mount (not a rail) for Swarovski scope on a JP Sauer&Sohn European .270. The rest are rail mounts: LaRue mount for an Aimpoint Pro on DD 5.56 M4V1 AR, Bobro 20moa for a Leupold 3-9x40 VXR Patrol on DD 6.8 and Bobro mount for ACOG 3.5x35 on my new build 5.56 AR. I have other rifles & pistols with mounts/rings but the above are the best in terms of fit and ease of on/off - with accurate return to zero. I'd say they were all pretty much equal in their own right and I've had no issues with any of the these.

Having said that: the Warne system I bought/shot and hunted with from WI to NM and WY it was mounted seventeen years ago and is flawless but not a rail mount. The Bobro solved an elevation issue the Leupold on a high rail on the DD M4V7. The Bobro for ACOG was the right mount at the right price to replace the original Trijicon two screw mount, at the time. LaRue is a rock solid mount for the APP without a doubt. I would buy each again in a heart beat and have no problem recommending each as well. No affiliation with any company/corp.

Oh, none of the mounts are "cheap" but they all do return to zero - every time!

Best wishes on your choice, happy shooting.
    Last edited by 1toughdog; 07-02-17 at 19:54.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've never regretted purchasing the nicer option. Especially since it can be used later on other rifles as the quality of gear catches up with it. The wheels on the corolla idea doesn't hold water for me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've had good luck with the two AP mounts I have, but I do not have any experience with the others listed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast