Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inforce APL gen 3 review

Feedback Score

Inforce APL gen 3 review

Feedback Score
    I finally got an APL-Glock today, well worth the wait. The mount is now aluminum and overall quality appears to be excellent.
    One warning.... do not buy the "universal" APL model if you intend to use it on a Glock. Contrary to the information on Inforce's web site, it's not really compatible with Glocks.
    I made that mistake initially, and found that the light was off-center and one of the switches had insufficient space to the trigger guard. When I contacted Inforce, they confirmed that the APL does not work well with Glocks. As usual, their customer service was excellent, and within two days I received the APL-Glock model in exchange. This one works perfectly.
    The switches are positive with a nice "click", and the beam strength and spill is nice (not blinding like those 800 lumen lights). Highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you posting under two different accounts?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Are you posting under two different accounts?
    ????

I only have one account on this site.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelgun View Post
    ????

Because the first post is a review video made from plouf daddy (spelling) aka Mrgunsngear. Stick was wondering if Wheelgun is an alternative account. If that's not the case you might want to change the title.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelgun View Post
    ????

All your posts (except one) are promoting Inforce, which seems odd to say the least.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    The 2nd post by OP does not read like mrgunsngrears posts, I think it's just someone using his video.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    All your posts (except one) are promoting Inforce, which seems odd to say the least.
    Well, I've been waiting several months for this new APL model. Like me, I know many people were looking for more information on it. But although had been shipping for over a month, nobody had posted any real reviews of it until MrGunsgear last week. In his review he confirmed some of the features (like aluminum mount) were indeed present, so I decided to order one. Upon receipt I encountered some issues so I posted that here too. It's true I haven't posted much on this site, but there's nothing unusual going on here.

Feedback Score
    Just so I understand for the future, if I post a link to a review done by somebody else, I'm supposed to make an explicit statement that I'm not that person? Seems a bit strange, I see others posting links all the time, never seen anyone request that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Speaking of the APL, I'm on my third one. First gen I had to send back for a loose clamp. Inforce sent me a gen 2 which ultimately developed a rapid battery drain. The gen 2 recently went back for an inspection/repair which I requested and they ended up sending me a gen 3. I did not request a gen 3. Anyway so far so good. One thing I noticed on the gen 3 is that the lever has a bit more "play" before it activates the light. Maybe this is a build in design to keep from bumping the lever and turning the light on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast