Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General Purpose 18 in 308 bolt gun

Feedback Score
    Another option is the Howa .308 Scout which run for around $700. Savage also makes a .308 scout as well. If you can live with another 2" of barrel length and no detachable magazine, I would also look at a CZ 550FS.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You will need a scope mount for it.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Tikka-T3-Lite-308-Win.aspx

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Tikka. I think they're the best buy below $1000. We sell a ton of them here. Though I do have a soft spot for Ruger Scout.
    Industry Disclosure: I work at a local gun shop.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayoublaster View Post
    Another vote for the Tikka. I think they're the best buy below $1000. We sell a ton of them here. Though I do have a soft spot for Ruger Scout.
    I really wanted a scout rifle and the Ruger ticked all the boxes for me. I wish the action was a tad tighter fit and smoother, but for that $, not as deal breaker. I'm far from a precision shooter, and for my needs, a winner. Does not hurt it's such a good looking rifle in a utilitarian sort of way.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I want a Scout rifle at some point but don't have a need for one at the moment. One day I hope to have one just because.
    Industry Disclosure: I work at a local gun shop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Ruger Gunsite Scout, one of the originals with a 17.12" barrel and laminate stock. It's not my favorite gun, I've had issues with a few different magazines I've tried in it, including Ruger's own polymer mags, and I don't find it to be especially handy or accurate. I do really like the Ruger Americans for the price though, and can't wait until Magpul FINALLY releases the Hunter American stock for them. An American Predator .308 in a Hunter chassis will be a really sweet package for field work.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 04-03-18 at 17:58.

Feedback Score
    have a ruger GSR great gun and handy, also have a Tikka T3X compact also very handy. the Tikka is lighter than the ruger and the action is much smoother but enjoy both

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123