Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What material (type of pin) should I use for permanent muzzle brake pin?

Feedback Score
    In the USA, you need to be ATF compliant with that when required. There are methods that can be compliant with that while inducing minimal heat into the barrel to meet that requirement.

Feedback Score
    Randall of AR15Barrels.com pointed out that using a set screw will make it much harder to remove in the future if you decide to do so.

Feedback Score
    BATFE does not specify pin material.

BCM A2X is a foolproof setup including a predrilled MD and pin.

ADCO sells a spacer that is awesome, when used with a std A2, OAL length is gtg on 14.5".

Or go 14.7" and standard.

I use 17-4 SS pins( available at my shop) in 1/8" diameter. And of course, I spot weld mine using TiG.

BATFE compliance is both pinned/welded or silver soldered to the barrel per requirement.
    Last edited by Tigwelder1971; 07-29-17 at 22:42. Reason: SS spec typo
    "Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber projectile ".

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'd much rather go 14.7 vs 14.5. It means you can use almost any muzzle device you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    Yeah, I'd much rather go 14.7 vs 14.5. It means you can use almost any muzzle device you want.
    Roger that. I have that in the plans for my next build. I dont mind the A2X, but the 14.7" looks cleaner, IMO.
    "Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber projectile ".

Feedback Score
    I like the VG6 Gamma, and think that the normal version looks significantly nicer than the EX - for some reason they put the extra length in the back portion, rather than extending the functional portion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123