2 100.00%
  • LWRC

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to decide between a PWS MK116 Mod2 and LWRC DI

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Trying to decide between a PWS MK116 Mod2 and LWRC DI

I'm trying to decide between a PWS Mk1 Mod2 and a LWRCi DI. Any experiences or thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. I'm not necessarily enamored with the fact that the PWS is a piston gun, but I do like that it's a long stroke piston like the AK vs the typical tappet design found in piston ARs. I also prefer the PWS's aesthetic. The DI version of the LWRC is undoubtably a sweet rifle also, and is now priced dramatically lower than it's competition (DD, BCM, KAC, LMT, Larue, etc).

I'm able to get a new PWS for only $1450, or the LWRC for just over $1000. However, the PWS already comes with a "premium" trigger, a ZEV SSR single stage, whereas the LWRC comes with a BCM version of a milspec, meaning it will be getting a Geissele SDE ($240).

The PWS.
    Attachment 46380

The LWRC.
    Attachment 46379

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No experience with the lwrc but the mod 2 is really good. It's stupidly over gassed on the unsuppressed setting (probably for tula), so I use the first suppressor one, and it shoots realllly soft and still locks back while being able to shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger. Also it might just be mine, but out of about 40 mags, I only have 15 that drop free. And don't pay $240 for a G trigger you can find them for way less if you look. With the right ammo it's without question sub moa.

Edit that being said, I would just go for the lwrc. The Pws system aside from the adjustable gas block is great, when it comes time to remove the knob for cleaning the piston pipe, the spring detent thing (at least on the mod 1) that holds it in place can get dented because the spring gets stuck from all the heat and carbon. They will take care of you but it's no fun waiting on replacements
    Last edited by Torquetard; 07-08-17 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    No experience with the lwrc but the mod 2 is really good. It's stupidly over gassed on the unsuppressed setting (probably for tula), so I use the first suppressor one, and it shoots realllly soft and still locks back while being able to shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger. Also it might just be mine, but out of about 40 mags, I only have 15 that drop free. And don't pay $240 for a G trigger you can find them for way less if you look. With the right ammo it's without question sub moa.

Edit that being said, I would just go for the lwrc. The Pws system aside from the adjustable gas block is great, when it comes time to remove the knob for cleaning the piston pipe, the spring detent thing (at least on the mod 1) that holds it in place can get dented because the spring gets stuck from all the heat and carbon. They will take care of you but it's no fun waiting on replacements
    Good to know, thank you for sharing that.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have tried many of the ambi lowers out there, and I find the PWS to be one of my favorite, especially the mag release. I have the MOD2 lower and I find it the best part of the rifle. As far as adjusting for suppressed use, I prefer the bootleg adjustable carrier in a quality DI gun vs. the adjustable piston on the PWS. If you want another option, the PWS lower with a good DI upper like a BCM would be another option. BCM even has factory upper options with the bootleg forend that the MOD2 comes with if you really like it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I found a smokin' deal on a PWS MK116 Mod2 for $1275 shipped with the ZEV SSR trigger and a $200 PWS factor rebate! Jumped on it. At that price who wouldn't, right?

Now the waiting...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Well, I found a smokin' deal on a PWS MK116 Mod2 for $1275 shipped with the ZEV SSR trigger and a $200 PWS factor rebate! Jumped on it. At that price who wouldn't, right?

Now the waiting...
    Killer deal! You'll have to post about how you like it when it eventually comes in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Killer deal! You'll have to post about how you like it when it eventually comes in.
    Can't wait to!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Now the waiting...
    WHERE??? I thought mine was a good deal at $1680 shipped.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHorne View Post
    WHERE??? I thought mine was a good deal at $1680 shipped.
    Gunbroker. A dealer was selling his personal rifle with only 20 rounds through it. After receiving it, I can attest that it certainly looks unfired.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Gunbroker. A dealer was selling his personal rifle with only 20 rounds through it. After receiving it, I can attest that it certainly looks unfired.
    Awesome. I'm enjoying mine so far, still trying to decide on glass. Think I'm going 1-6 Accupoint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast