• PWS

2 100.00%
  • LWRC

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to decide between a PWS MK116 Mod2 and LWRC DI

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just had a question from a member wondering how I like my PWS Mod 2. Thought I'd update this thread with my reply to him.

I would definitely buy it again. Super sweet rifle made even sweeter by the ridiculously good deal I got.

What I've learned: A) the barrel needs a good amount of breaking in, likely because of the insanely hard surface treatment. After a longer than usual break in (compared to a standard 416 barrel) it now is definitely a sub moa shooter if I do my part with good ammo. B) The ambi controls are "meh." If I could change anything, I would get rid of the ambi controls. They don't bother me, I just don't find them useful. I'm just used to a standard AR, I suppose.

What I've changed: A) Trigger is a Geissele SSA, B) Safety is 45 degree from Armaspec (I like it, and it doesn't hit my trigger finger like the original safety), C) Safety detent (the original was kinda mushy, so I put in a RRA detent and that fixed it). D) Also added a 2mm spacer under the detent spring to give it a bit more resistance. E) Replaced the sweet FSC556 muzzle device with an AAC flash hider. F) Sprinco "Hot White" carbine spring. Which still allows me to shoot standard 5.56 in the middle gas position, and gives me the option of going to position 1 if the rifle were to get super dirty and sluggish. Tried the Sprinco Blue, but it made the rifle unable to cycle in the middle position without a can.

My favorite AR for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Both the MK116 and MK111 Mod 2s are on my radar...never owned a piston AR and I like what PWS has to offer.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I’ve had the Mod2 for about six months. It’s a phenomenal piston offering.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went MOD2...
    Knights Armament SR-15 MOD2 E3 URX4 Burnt Bronze.

Sorry couldn't resist!! Best of luck and let us know how it all works out! I will say I want the little PWS DIABLO. It's on my hit list with a SCAR17 and MK18 clone.

HT
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12