Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What AR10 is this German Federal Cop using?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    A trademark thus popularized has its legal protection at risk in some countries such as the United States and United Kingdom, as its intellectual property rights in the trademark may be lost and competitors enabled to use the genericized trademark to describe their similar products, unless the owner of an affected trademark works sufficiently to correct and prevent such broad use.
    In other words, using the term "AR-10" generically can make it so Armalite loses the right to it's own intellectual property. It would be like calling every strength based comic book character a Superman until it becomes so generic that DC is forced to surrender claim to their most icon figure.

Notice that every other maker pointedly avoid using "AR-10" to describe or categorize their 308 AR
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    In other words, using the term "AR-10" generically can make it so Armalite loses the right to it's own intellectual property. It would be like calling every strength based comic book character a Superman until it becomes so generic that DC is forced to surrender claim to their most icon figure.

Notice that every other maker pointedly avoid using "AR-10" to describe or categorize their 308 AR
    Yet almost everyone in this thread was able to figure out exactly what was meant by the original question, and multiple retailers use the term AR-10 to signify large-frame AR-type rifles. One could argue that AR-10 is also a term of art at this juncture, besides being a trademarked name.

I mean, Colt still owns the trademarks to AR-15. Are we all wrong for using it so cavalierly to describe the various AR-type rifles many of use own?
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-10-17 at 12:40.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Yet almost everyone in this thread was able to figure out exactly what was meant by the original question, and multiple retailers use the term AR-10 to signify large-frame AR-type rifles. One could argue that AR-10 is also a term of art at this juncture, besides being a trademarked name.

I mean, Colt still owns the trademarks to AR-15. Are we all wrong for using it so cavalierly to describe the various AR-type rifles many of use own?
    It's not whether or not "everybody knows what we're talking about", it's about protecting intellectual property. Yes, Colt's trademarks should also be protected. What's ironic is that I rarely see anyone use "AR-15". Usually, it's just "AR".

Not only does generically using "AR-10" erode Armalite's intellectual property, it's lazy writing
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Never found the AR10, but man I wish we used water cannons in Ferguson and other BLM riots

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I wonder what the quality is like. Their website is only in German so I can't tell if they used any of the tactical douche buzzwords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Google Translate to the rescue!

Description / Description

The OA-10 DMR-E - Designated Marksman Rifle - enhanced is a precision self-loading rifle for the upscale. Available in four versions with 18 "and 20" barrel lengths, each in black and dark earth brown. In contrast to the DMR model, the adjustable gas sampling (+ 10% gas pressure) is a continuous picatinny bar as well as an adjustable match hood. The free-running barrel is flooded below the hand guard and has a cooling thread in the area prior to gas sampling. Use ARMS rings # 22 to mount the target telescope and switch between optical sights and BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights) within seconds without re-shooting.

Model OA-10, DMR-E, 20 "-Lauflänge, black
    Model OA-10, E-DMR, 18" -Lauflänge, black
    Model OA-10, DMR DMR-E, 20 "-Lauflänge, dark earth brown
    model OA-10, DMR-OA-15, DMR-E, 18 "run, dark earth brown

Zeiss optics not included!

The OA-10 DMR-E - Designated Marksman Rifle - enhanced - the best components available for a scoped rifle. It is available with a 20 "or 18" barrel, either in black or coated in dark earth brown. The barrel is fluted under the handguard and features a cooling thread in front of the gas block. It includes a continuous top rail, adjustable gasblock (+ 10% power), the universal slingmount with qd pushbutton sling swivel and an adjustable DMR trigger.

Model OA-10, DMR-E, 20 "barrel length, black
    Model OA-10, DMR-E, 18" barrel length, black
    Model OA-10, DMR, DMR-E, 20 "barrel length, dark earth brown
    model OA-10, DMR-OA-15, DMR-E, 18 "barrel length, dark earth brown

Zeiss optics not included!

Details / Equipment / Specifications
    Movement / caliber: .308Win.

Barrel length barrel lenght: 20 "/ 508mm
    18" / 457mm
    Cartridge bearing chamber: MATCH CHAMBER .308
    Twist
    twist: 203mm (6-turn / right-turn)
    1-8 "twist (6 grooves / right-handed)
    Total length Overall length: 20 "/ 980mm
    18" / 930 mm
    Weight with attachments
    weight with accessories 20 "/ 4600 g
    18" / 4520 g
    Magazine capacity | Mag capacity: 10/20 cartridges / 10/20 rds.
    Scope of delivery / product contents:

TRH hand protection / TRH handguard, free float
    One-piece Picatinny-rail housing shell hand guard / top-rail connecting upper receiver and handguard
    ARMS Flip-Up Rear # 40L-SP / low profile flip-up rear sight
    ARMS flip-up grain # 40L-F / low profile flip-up front sight
    ARMS Harris adapter # 32 / quick detach. Adapter for bipod
    Harris bipod S-BRM / Harris bipod S-BRM
    OA handle / OA overmolded grip
    Large OA clamp / big charging handle
    USM - universal belt mounting with QD-belt strap / USM - universal slingmount with QD-sling swivel
    OA M4 shank, 6 positions with QD belt strap / OA stick, 6 positions with QD-sling swivel
    DMR match trigger, adjustable / DMR trigger, adjustable
    Barrel with coating, thread M15x1 and OA compensator / barrel coated with M15x1 thread and OA-Compensator

Feedback Score
    I`m guessing it`s not importable to the US.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123