Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5.56, 223 range ammo

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    Both of those ranges have those up high backstop barriers to prevent high misses from leaving the range. I wonder if that is why they don't like fmj and heavier rounds? Maybe they are constructed too weakly to catch bigger rounds reliably over time. You should call the ranges and politely ask why they have this rule.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Interesting insight. I have called and talked to them and they are pretty firm on their policies.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    No doubt. Xm193 is rough on steal inside of 100.
    I've seen it shoot through the steel supports (legs) of a plate rack at 100. And I mean clean through with a hole like on a paper target. I guess I expected it to mushroom or something but it didn't.

Feedback Score
    Curious...No range I've ever frequented banned FMJ ammo in any way.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Curious...No range I've ever frequented banned FMJ ammo in any way.
    I haven't yet, but I have belonged to one range that believed the .40 and .45 projectiles recovered from adjoining property were ricochets from illegal machine guns totally ignoring the fact that both calibers were issued by 2 different LE agencies that were using the range on the days before the complaint came in.

Been to a USFS range while one of the rangers was there and pointing out how people with machine guns were destroying the 4x4 treated lumber target stands. He didn't seem impressed when I pointed out the stubs of 4x4 were packed with #8 shot or the pile of 12 gauge empties 10 feet away the shot had come from.

People get all kinds of strange notions in their heads.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234