Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of F1 Firearms?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone heard of F1 Firearms?

A coworker is offered one for trade for his XD 9mm. I'm thinking it's low grade hobby grade but their online prices are in the $2k range. This doesn't mean much since it could just be over priced bling. He's asking me, I've never heard of them but I don't see it being that expansive if the other guy wants to trade for a XD, such a common gun. He's new to firearms and I don't want to see him get burned if I can help it. He's trying to get rid of the XD but is only being offered $250 at the LGS

This is what he sent me

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 08-14-17 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Check out the "Off The Ranch" YouTube channel. He did a walk through of their shop.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Aril, from what I've seen of them their primary market is uber lightweight AR's. Milling metal from places I probably wouldn't mill metal from if I owned a CNC machine. I've never taken them serious tactically, I just can't see using their AR's as a battle rifle. That said I believe I have seen some mil spec style lowers (forged) on Rainier, but I'd have to check again. It seems that it could be a good deal for him to trade and then sell the
    F1 on arfcom. Have you checked their for any for sale past or present?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, I don't have a ARFcom account

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    No, I don't have a ARFcom account

Arik,

I checked and found 3 listings. Sent you a tapatalk PM. Basically one receiver set for $325, one for $400, one for $550. All were the skeletonized sets. That said, I do not know if they actually sold. The ads were in archived status.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks. Saw your PM. Replied

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Aril, from what I've seen of them their primary market is uber lightweight AR's. Milling metal from places I probably wouldn't mill metal from if I owned a CNC machine. I've never taken them serious tactically, I just can't see using their AR's as a battle rifle. That said I believe I have seen some mil spec style lowers (forged) on Rainier, but I'd have to check again. It seems that it could be a good deal for him to trade and then sell the
    F1 on arfcom. Have you checked their for any for sale past or present?

I was under the impression the fancy race gun upper and lower they make are actually heavier than a forged set. I remember someone talking about it a while ago.

I actually think they look pretty cool. I wouldn't personally buy one, I'd rather buy a good forged set that doesn't have as many holes cuts into it. I'm pretty basic though(and would rather put the extra money towards a nice optic or more ammo).

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Let me get this straight.. Someone is willing to trade an F1 rifle for an XD9?? What river is the rifle in the bottom of? Sounds too good to be true to me. IMO.. The $250 offer for the XD9 from a brick and mortar store sounds fair. Clean XD9 4" sell for 300 ish down here.

Feedback Score
    Based on specs...would I buy one? No.

Would I trade for an XD? Yes.

Feedback Score
    I would tell your friend to be cautious on Armslist. I have bought and sold on there, but lots of scammers. Make sure he only deals with someone local. No sending money or shipping items would be my recommendation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast