Suggestions for MegademiC:

1.) As noted shoot from a good pistol rest if possible, sometimes you have an off day and shooting from a more solid position can help eliminate shooter error, fatigue, and arc of movement. Remember we're testing the pistol, barrel, and ammo not necessarily the shooters practical accuracy skills.

2.) Try a variety of ammo in testing to get an idea of overall consistency, it sounds like you have two examples of the same pistol so this is a good opportunity to take a baseline between the two but you need more than one ammo choice because every barrel is a law unto itself. If the new gun out shoots the old one with everything then you'll have an answer.

3.) Before you test do the old pistol a favor and put fresh springs in it, particularly the recoil spring. Strong consistent lockup in battery is always good, as is strong consistent lockup in battery as the round fires when the barrel needs to be locked up with the slide. A weak recoil spring might be a potential culprit in not providing consistent results for every shot.

4.) In order to get better feedback from your target I would suggest using a heavier card stock paper target, and buying some 3M "77" spray adhesive to glue your target to the cardboard target backer. The spray adhesive is something I picked up on from Pat Mac in class, so I will give credit where it is due.

The stuff works brilliantly, not only faster than staples or tape, the wind can't blow the target off, and by adhering the target to the cardboard; bullets do not rip the paper as they pass through. You get nice perfectly cut holes in your target, even with a flimsy thin paper target. The heavier card stock targets glued on the backer give phenomenal feedback, if your barrel is shot out and keyholing bullets this method will clearly tell you because the paper will not rip. Another upside is that the target will last a lot longer and takes target tape repairs a lot better.

Hope the suggestions are helpful. Good luck.