Thread: Rossi Interarms 38 special

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Rossi Interarms 38 special

My cousin has this gun and it looks and feels pretty good. Any feedback on its quality etc.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good morning gents.
    Papa bear, my father bought his somewhere around 1979 if I recall. His is in stainless with a 3in barrel. It has a 5 shot cyl and the hammer has an exposed firing pin. I remember my dad only loading 4 rounds and lowering the hammer on the empty cyl. After he passed and I inherited the little revolver I noticed it has a hammer block that drops clear when the trigger is pulled allowing the firing pin to strike the primer. Now I'm not very familiar with S&W revolvers but the little Rossi looks a lot like a copy of an older smith. My dads locks up tight and shoots well with 158gr loads. Although I won't run +p's thru it, it is overall a nice little revolver that is best used for target shooting. Mine will stay with me simply because it was my dads.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for the feedback. Plus p a no go is good advice.

Thanks

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My brother had a Rossi 22lr revolver. It was not timed well with an occasional failure to fire as the cylinder would not line up the chamber with the firing pin. The gun dealer took it back, with some more $$$, the S&W was selected. Much better!!!

Feedback Score
    OP, I've had one for about 30 years but likely have fewer than 200 rounds through it, some +P. It's a solid little gun, not up to S&W in fit and finish, but worth owning at the right price.

Feedback Score
    Put 50 rounds of standard pressure .38 ammo through it. If there aren't any problems I'd say it would make a decent "stash in the house" or "car/truck" gun.

If you try to put hundreds of rounds through it it will have issues or break.

I know of one Rossi .357 magnum (the owner has had it for about 25 years) that has defied those odds. It was probably built in the 70's and though the trigger is awful the gun has actually lasted as well as any. But it's the exception not the rule. It has a smooth cylinder and I've never seen another Rossi .357 6-shot like it.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-10-17 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Put 50 rounds of standard pressure .38 ammo through it. If there aren't any problems I'd say it would make a decent "stash in the house" or "car/truck" gun.

If you try to put hundreds of rounds through it it will have issues or break.

I know of one Rossi .357 magnum (the owner has had it for about 25 years) that has defied those odds. It was probably built in the 70's and though the trigger is awful the gun has actually lasted as well as any. But it's the exception not the rule. It has a smooth cylinder and I've never seen another Rossi .357 6-shot like it.
    That's probably going to be the program. My cousin will run 50 to 100 rounds and then stash as a house gun. He doesn't care about guns just wants to " know the gun given to him by his father in law".

PB