Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele SOPMOD Mount Question

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Geissele SOPMOD Mount Question

Is there a difference between the 30mm 1.93 height Geissele Mount and the SOPMOD approved Mount? I'm looking for something for myGen2 Razor 1-6. They appear to be listed separately on Geissele's site, but not on other sites. I'll call tomorrow, just checking here first. Thanks

Anybody here running either one? Going on a 6.5 Grendel 11" SBR.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have 2 1.93 mounts and I'm fairly certain the sopmod version is not as tall as the 1.93.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks. I think I'd prefer the lower profile. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Depends on your use. I find the heads up position better in everyway unless you go prone. If you are shooting out beyond 300 and go prone semi regularly you will prefer the lower height.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The SOPMOD Vortex 1-6 is almost Identical to the standard AR15 scope mount. They are both 1.54 high and the only difference is the cantilever forward is .1 difference greater on the Sopmod, and the distance between the scope rings is .05 difference (.05 less on the Sopmod). In my opinion its not enough difference between to get the SOPMOD when the standards are on sale quiet often and the SOPMOD's never are.

The difference on the 1.93 mount is obviously height. Some love it, but for 99% of people out there, they go with the standard height of 1.5 give or take a few hundredths. I personally would stay with the standard height unless you already know you want the 1.93 or for a specific application.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm running a DD lower 1/3 cowitness with Aimpoint H1 on my other carbine, no fsb but wml @12. I'm assuming it's 1.93 height. I feel like I can see well, but not with what I'd call a solid cheek weld.
    The Razor 1-6 on the Grendel will be mostly for hog hunting, with wml @12 as well. I think the lower mount would help with cheek weld but the wml might interfere more with sight picture especially through the lpv scope. Of course I could move the light if it interferes with sight pic with either mount.

Don't be impatient, it'll get worse.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccasanova View Post
    I'm running a DD lower 1/3 cowitness with Aimpoint H1 on my other carbine, no fsb but wml @12. I'm assuming it's 1.93 height. I feel like I can see well, but not with what I'd call a solid cheek weld.
    The Razor 1-6 on the Grendel will be mostly for hog hunting, with wml @12 as well. I think the lower mount would help with cheek weld but the wml might interfere more with sight picture especially through the lpv scope. Of course I could move the light if it interferes with sight pic with either mount.

Don't be impatient, it'll get worse.
    Lower 1/3 is roughly 1.60"-1.65" depending on the mount manufacturer. 1.93" is significantly higher. You can't co-witness through 1.93", which is why the KAC/Redback One (edit: higher than) 1.93" aimpoint mount has a window underneath so you can still use your irons.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    For reference the redback mount is even taller than 1.93. Got play with one at a jared reston class.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The extra high KAC/Redback One aimpoint mount should be on their website anyday now according to Jason. It is also higher than 1.930". For a LPV, the Geiselle 1.930" high mount works extremely well *for me* when using a shelf type buttstock, *for me* there is absolutely no issue with getting a stable chin/cheek weld. But as always,YMMV.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-18-18 at 04:46.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for all the advice. I picked up a 1.93 30mm mount and will give it a go. Ill post back when I get it all set up and running a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast