Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaili ACE 556 impressions w/pics

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Gaili ACE 556 impressions w/pics

Shot a Galil ACE in 556 at our local rifle match Saturday and have a few observations:

1) This rifle fits me. It doesn't feel like a 8lb (loaded) rifle when shouldered and shooting.
    2) Ergonomics are great. All of the controls are easily reachable, if you're right handed like me.
    3) Had 1 stoppage (FTEject) during the match out of about 120 rounds fired. If this keeps up I will be sending it back for warranty repair.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. During zeroing before the match I was getting groups in the 2MOA range with 55gr ammo. I tried some SS109 and 75gr OTM too but it was too windy for me to make any general statements about accuracy.

That said, here are the pics. The rifle has about 500 rounds on it at this point.

Bolt hold open detail

Detail of FCG and BHO

Bolt face

Chamber and gas tube detail

Detail of handguard hanger

Detail of left side safety connection and stock knuckle attachment to receiver

Detail of wobble plate interior

H

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halmbarte View Post
    Shot a Galil ACE in 556 at our local rifle match Saturday and have a few observations:

1) This rifle fits me. It doesn't feel like a 8lb (loaded) rifle when shouldered and shooting.
    2) Ergonomics are great. All of the controls are easily reachable, if you're right handed like me.
    3) Had 1 stoppage (FTEject) during the match out of about 120 rounds fired. If this keeps up I will be sending it back for warranty repair.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. During zeroing before the match I was getting groups in the 2MOA range with 55gr ammo. I tried some SS109 and 75gr OTM too but it was too windy for me to make any general statements about accuracy.

That said, here are the pics. The rifle has about 500 rounds on it at this point.

Bolt hold open detail

Detail of FCG and BHO

Bolt face

Chamber and gas tube detail

Detail of handguard hanger

Detail of left side safety connection and stock knuckle attachment to receiver

Detail of wobble plate interior

H
    Thanks looking forward to hearing more as you get more rounds down range.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    That looks nice, the machining looks good as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks to be built like a tank. The machine work is quite nice.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The interior of the receiver shows some machine marks, but they are very minor. The inside of the dust cover has grinding marks where the welds that hold the rail nuts on were clearanced. Nothing that would affect function at all.

The exterior is nicely finished with what looks like paint over parkerizing.

H

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Looks to be built like a tank. The machine work is quite nice.
    I was thinking the same. I really want to own one of these.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How was it with mag compatibility?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    How was it with mag compatibility?
    It shipped with a Pmag, and I know it works with a Magpul D60. Other than that, I use metal mags and it works with those. I haven't got any variety of polymer mags to check it against.

H

Feedback Score
    When running a 5.56 AK make sure the rounds have crimped case mouths if using brass. Otherwise you run the risk of round set back and over pressure.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is the stock's hinge mechanism metal or plastic?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast