Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a dumb question about my Roland build / RMR

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I have a dumb question about my Roland build / RMR

Everyone uses an RM 06 and I like the RM 01. Is there a significant difference that I am missing that I should buy the other one?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It'll work fine.

Just make sure you spend the ammo to get your zero correct.

Feedback Score
    It will work fine unless you are working with a flashlight. The RM06 allows you to adjust the intensity where the RM01 is completely run by the photosensor. The photosensor does a crappy job picking up light projected away from the sight (like a weapon mounted light does). People are going with the RM06 because they can adjust the intensity of the dot to not wash out when the weapon light is active.

The nice part about the RM06 is that if you press both the up and down buttons and hold them briefly it will enter the auto adjust mode like the RM01. If you need to manually adjust you still have the option.

I have a RM06 from 2014 that has been mounted to an M&P 9 for over 14K rounds and about 26 months. I have it turned on for 8-12 hours a day and I am still on the original battery. It is on my work gun and is adjusted to be visible with my X300U turned on against a bare white wall. That is the brightest conditions for wash out and if I put the RM06 in auto mode the dot will wash out every time.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    It will work fine unless you are working with a flashlight. The RM06 allows you to adjust the intensity where the RM01 is completely run by the photosensor. The photosensor does a crappy job picking up light projected away from the sight (like a weapon mounted light does). People are going with the RM06 because they can adjust the intensity of the dot to not wash out when the weapon light is active.

The nice part about the RM06 is that if you press both the up and down buttons and hold them briefly it will enter the auto adjust mode like the RM01. If you need to manually adjust you still have the option.

I have a RM06 from 2014 that has been mounted to an M&P 9 for over 14K rounds and about 26 months. I have it turned on for 8-12 hours a day and I am still on the original battery. It is on my work gun and is adjusted to be visible with my X300U turned on against a bare white wall. That is the brightest conditions for wash out and if I put the RM06 in auto mode the dot will wash out every time.
    That is very good information. Thank you.

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post

Out of the 8 settings, which one is still visible in those conditions (where you have it set)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Out of the 8 settings, which one is still visible in those conditions (where you have it set)?
    I leave it at 6/8 typically. 7/8 if I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting outdoors.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I put the 01 on it but will order an 06

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I leave it at 6/8 typically. 7/8 if I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting outdoors.
    How long does the battery last? From playing around with it, 6-7 seems to be the sweet spot (8 seems like a big jump), but haven't seen it at high-noon yet. Trying to determine how often to swap the battery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    How long does the battery last? From playing around with it, 6-7 seems to be the sweet spot (8 seems like a big jump), but haven't seen it at high-noon yet. Trying to determine how often to swap the battery.
    I don't really pay attention, but it's probably somewhere around a year.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Instead of starting a new thread i will ask another question here. What is the best glock trigger? I have tried many and many assorted connectors, bagged safeties etc and they all feel like crap. I currently have 3lb striker spring, zev small bagged safety, ultimate fulcrum trigger and ghost 3.5lb connector. It is the best i can get it and i am $$$$ into trigger parts. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast