Thread: Nerves

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

Nerves

I am 73 and had been doing light weights, 8 to 12 reps, 3 to 4 sets for the last 3 years without much gain. I recently switched about 3 months ago to heavy weights, 3 to 5 reps and 5 set and can see a significant improvement in my strength. Also the heavy squats and dead lifts eliminated back and leg pain I had been suffering from for several years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...s-muscles.html

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I am 73 and had been doing light weights, 8 to 12 reps, 3 to 4 sets for the last 3 years without much gain. I recently switched about 3 months ago to heavy weights, 3 to 5 reps and 5 set and can see a significant improvement in my strength. Also the heavy squats and dead lifts eliminated back and leg pain I had been suffering from for several years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...s-muscles.html
    Would be nice if they cited the study they mentioned all through the text. If they do, I didn't see it. Not new news higher loads stimulates the CNS more so than lighter loads.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You're improving your core strength so it makes sense that, unless you had a herniated disk or pinched sciatic nerve, it would help your body support itself and not let you skeleton bear all that weight causing pain. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I was diagnosed with spondylolisthesis, a condition where one vertebra slips forward off the one below it. In my case L4 was slipping forward off of L5, causing pain in my right buttocks and leg and numbness in my right foot. I had had a spinal injection which did not help. The neurosurgeon said the only solution was to fuse L4 and L5.
    Within weeks of beginning to do weighted squats and dead lifts the pain and numbness went away. I do pull ups, bench press, chest press, squats, deadlifts, dumbbell curls, tricept push downs and shrugs twice a week. 3 to 5 reps, 5 sets at 85% to 90% 1RM. Haven't felt this good in years.