Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking into 2 point AR slings, Proctor, any others to consider?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Proctor just released QD sling variants. I'm going to be picking one up to try on my BCM.

Feedback Score
    The VCAS and Magpul MS4 have done very well for me. The others that I've tried, but do not own, include the VTAC, Proctor, and Haley D3. All were great in their own ways. The Haley D3 is probably the best of the convertible 2-to-1 points out there.

Feedback Score
    IMO, convertable 2-to-1 slings are a gimmick. I say that having nearly all of mine set up to do so using IWC tri-glide converters.

Other slings you may not have checked:

Ferro Concepts Slingster

Rifles Only Carbine Sling

I've not used the Ferro Concepts, but have heard good things. The Rifles Only sling has been a great all-round piece of gear for me, along with my VCAS.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 07-24-17 at 20:56.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally, I dislike anything with padding or bungee. I don't want any stretch or excess movement in the sling, and I don't want it excessively long or thick. 1.25" webbing seems to be the sweet spot for me, although most of my slings are 1" thick. This is true for every rifle - bolt or carbine. Granted, I am not carrying it on patrols or anything like that and I keep all of my rifles as light as possible. I do hump them up and down mountains occasionally, hunt, hike, and use them for hours on end over several days at a time while training without any significant discomfort. But, to each their own. Luckily there's a ton of good options to choose from.

I tend to agree on the 2-to-1 convertible slings being sort of a marketing gimmick, but I also wouldn't dismiss buying a good one like the MS4 on that premise alone. I have one and I can't say that I've ever used it in such a capacity. I can, however, see the utility for a newbie who just wants to experiment with both types to "see for myself" without buying two different slings, or perhaps on an LE patrol rifle where the desire might be there to switch back and forth or remove it entirely depending on situational factors. My one and only gripe with the Proctor slings that I love so much is the inability to remove them quickly if desired. The new QD versions will solve that but simultaneously eliminate the advantages of the original design... such is life. My only gripe with the MS4 is that they have a ton of length for adjustment but I find it to be way too much and I end up cutting some of it off to keep excess under control. I have not found the perfect sling yet and I'm not sure there is one, but I keep coming back to these two after experimenting with others over the years. They are certainly "good enough" for me.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 07-25-17 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very happy with VCAS for years, still running on some guns, but recently added a McPhee SOB sling and I'm liking it a lot so far. Lightweight, easy adjustment. Vids are on YouTube if interested. Just something to think about..........
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dude, I have tried a gazillion different slings, and the Ferro slingster has changed my life. Very light (the proctor is lighter) and fully adjustable with quality hardware. For how thin and minimalist the pad is, it adds a noticeable increase in comfort over periods of extended wear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    +1 That is the current sling I'm using. I'm not sure if the new company still sells them.
    I asked Jon Zum about that now that he has formed Arbor Arms. He said he might have something in the works.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I use the factory LMT sling. I like basic when it comes to slings

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemike555 View Post
    I asked Jon Zum about that now that he has formed Arbor Arms. He said he might have something in the works.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That would be sweet. I'm not sure if it's a patented design that the old company holds but would love to give him more business.

Feedback Score
    I like Savy Sniper. Converts between and one and two point sling as needed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast