Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking into 2 point AR slings, Proctor, any others to consider?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have personally standardized on VCAS slings from BFG on my own rifles, unless I am looking for something different. Have a VTAC sling as well, it works, but personally prefer VCAS slings. Have not messed with the Proctor slings in enough meaningful ways to form a definite judgement, but I have been happy with my VCAS slings as of this point. At any rate, with a little patience, if that is one of your virtues, it is not one of mine, You can probably get a VCAS for anywhere from ~$20-38, depending if BFG is still running their buy one give one sale this coming holiday season.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I recommend the VTAC two-point padded sling. Very comfortable.

Feedback Score
    Here's a good video on what to look for in slings. It might come down to how long you need to wear it.

https://youtu.be/CtXKqApveRk

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Has anyone tried the VCAS 221 sling?

I like the idea of having both one point and two point options in it, but I'm not sure if that added feature adds any complications. Also, any thoughts on the RED swivel?

I'm going back and forth between the 221 and just the standard VCAS two point sling.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a Gear Sector 2 point. I don't seem them mentioned here anymore but I seem to recall them being one of the cool guy brands back in the day here. I bought it about 7 years ago and it's work well ever since so I never felt a need to change it. It slings my rifle and gets shorter or longer easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the RB1 or vtac slings. I wear them as a neck loop while Im shooting or doing drills. The RB1 has a sleeve that the sling glides through smoothly if Im moving the gun to high port or switching shoulders. Both are very comfortable. They both cinch down similar to other popular two points.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Myself and several others I know personally have been running many of the Proctor slings for a number of years (I have 3 myself) and the paracord attachment has never failed. One of mine is 3 years old and has been mounted on a slim Midwest Industries rail right around the gas block area the whole time and it is still in perfect functional condition despite the heat and abrasion from being looped where it is. Nothing else comes close for $29, ~2oz, and no attachment hardware or pivot points. As long as you are using a full length(ish) rail, a stock that can accept the rear loop, and set it up the way Frank suggests, it will cause you no problems.

With that said, my second favorite sling is the exact opposite, and that is the Magpul MS4 dual QD. I like it because it is able to be used on multiple host rifles hassle-free, and I can shorten it up more to run on the endplate and towards the backside of my rails in a QD socket, more like a single point... but one that doesn't hit me in the junk when moving and transitioning. It doesn't give the stability of the Proctor sling (which comes from mounting at the extreme ends) and it makes more noise and weighs several times as much, but it is the only other sling I use.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 07-13-17 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    I like the Ares Armor Huskey Sling. Two point quick adjust, with a loop on the slider you can hook with a thumb or dip your hand into and push forward to tighten it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've never run the Vickers, but people I know that have owned both prefer the VTAC, so I stuck with that for years. Nobody had an issue with the VCAS, there was just more and easier adjustment with the VTAC and no issues with the tails.

I recently moved over to the Proctor not of my decision. It does it's job and is very minimal, I run it well as it doesn't get hung up on stuff at all.

I prefer the VTAC with the upgraded hardware and padded for running slick by quite a bit.

Honestly, get all 3 used and pick the one you like, then buy the one you want new and sell the ones you don't. Only you can know what works for you for that particular gun and purpose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemike555 View Post
    I like the Ares Armor Huskey Sling. Two point quick adjust, with a loop on the slider you can hook with a thumb or dip your hand into and push forward to tighten it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    +1 That is the current sling I'm using. I'm not sure if the new company still sells them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast