Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking into 2 point AR slings, Proctor, any others to consider?

Feedback Score
    Another vote for Vickers. I have three of them right now.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    I use the vickers and a cheap 2 pt. I'll probably try the rb1 next, maybe proctor or the SOB B-sling out of curiosity. The the VCAS is the easy button. It's rugged and does everything I need it to.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm a fan of the Vicker sling.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another vote for Blue Force Gear VCAS. I have 3.

I'm trying out other slings at the moment, but the VCAS is dummy proof. The military is using them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having used both the VCAS and the Proctor sling, I got rid of my VCAS and bought Proctor slings for my rifles. The sling is super light and does the job just right.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've been selling my VCAS slings off for Jason's RB1 sling. There are many good slings but I really like the RB1 sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just picked up a Larue padded sling to try out. It was a bit of a quick decision since I saw the sale email come over but it sounds like it is basically a VTAC. My only other slings are Magpul MS4’s so it was time to branch out a bit.

Feedback Score
    I converted to a C-grip and found my USGI sling, mounted on the rail, inadequate and always in my way. I looked at the Proctor paracord sling and modified mine with paracord in that same way. For me at least, that was not the answer but I learned from it and better determined what I wanted. I took the butt stock sling mount off. I looped the sling through the top of the buttstock at the rear under the buffer tube where Frank Proctor said it should be. I fixed it in place with Chicago screws. The remained of the now shortened USGI sling ended with a metal hole on a web fixture (I don't know the name of this fixture). i added 8 inches of one inch webbing, looped and fixed onto the front mounting fixture under the FSP, again, set in place with Chicago screws. At the other end-facing the metal hole fixture, I added a HK hook snap for quick release.

Now i have a sling which is more easily adjustable with no metal features on my shoulder or support hand. In fact the support hand's webbing is now 1/4 smaller, softer, and more flexible. The Quick Release fixure is gone off the rail but can be even more easily released with the HK hook. As the rifle hangs there I can quickly bring it up for snap shooting with the webbing under my support hand and my index finger on the webbing over the sling fixture under the FSP for added grip. Of course it can also be wound up for precise shooting. I am as happy as can be.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    With 3 Magpul ms 1 's and 1 blue force USMC I would go for the Magpul. And yes, with the exception of transitioning to weak shoulder, 2 point slings are better.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234