Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't anyone offer a 357Sig AR pistol?

Feedback Score

Why doesn't anyone offer a 357Sig AR pistol?

Can't find one for the life of me (using Google at least). Lone Wolf and Quarter Circle 10 have them on hold. Anyone know of one that functions well?

I think the 357Sig would make an awesome little PDW-type weapon, and an AR pistol format would be awesome.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-11-17 at 14:10.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think I remember reading about a gas 357 sig AR a few years back, but I can't find it now.

Feedback Score
    There is the "Just Right Carbines" version as well as the TNW "Aero Survival Rifle/Pistol", but they aren't true AR's. They look AR-ish but they aren't.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What mags are out there in 40/357 that are adaptable to the AR magwell?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Can't find one for the life of me (using Google at least). Lone Wolf and Quarter Circle 10 have them on hold. Anyone know of one that functions well?

I think the 357Sig would make an awesome little PDW-type weapon, and an AR pistol format would be awesome.
    Considering that the terminal ballistics of the Sig .357 is approx equivalent to the various 9mm offerings in JHP, and there's no lack of 9mm ARs, I'd think that would be the way to go no? Less expensive ammo also being a + I'd think. Anyone make a 10mm AR pistol?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    What mags are out there in 40/357 that are adaptable to the AR magwell?
    Glock mags are what has been used from what I've read. Pics I've seen are dedicated lowers built for the Glock mags.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Considering that the terminal ballistics of the Sig .357 is approx equivalent to the various 9mm offerings in JHP, and there's no lack of 9mm ARs, I'd think that would be the way to go no? Less expensive ammo also being a + I'd think. Anyone make a 10mm AR pistol?
    The TNW Aero Survival Pistol (or carbine) can be had in 10mm.

Reason I chose 357Sig is at the higher velocities it should shoot flatter than a 9mm and probably a 10mm too. While the bullets in 9mm and 357Sig may be similar the terminal ballistics of the Sig pull ahead simply because of the velocity.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-12-17 at 12:33.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A correct pressure 357 Sig load (not the watered down store bought stuff) should outrun even the best 9mm +p. Before I get flamed, I'm on the road and can't look at my load books...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    A correct pressure 357 Sig load (not the watered down store bought stuff) should outrun even the best 9mm +p. Before I get flamed, I'm on the road and can't look at my load books...
    Underwood's 357Sig loads are smoking. They advertise 1450fps for the 125gr loads but folks were actually getting up near 1500fps (and these are handgun velocities mind you).

Ballistics By the Inch has even the more sedate 125gr factory loads doing 1700+fps out of 13"-16" barrel lengths. I can only imagine what Underwood would get.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    The TNW Aero Survival Pistol (or carbine) can be had in 10mm.

Reason I chose 357Sig is at the higher velocities it should shoot flatter than a 9mm and probably a 10mm too. While the bullets in 9mm and 357Sig may be similar the terminal ballistics of the Sig pull ahead simply because of the velocity.
    Are we not talking PDW distances here per the OP? I guess it all depends on the intended role/use of the gun. Only advantages I'm aware of with the .357 Sig over 9mm is it's better on intermediate barriers if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Shear velocity, at least in typical handgun rnds, does not appear to dictate terminal ballistics. Per comments above, guess it depends on what one plans to do with it. Flatter shooting would have it's benefits too, but I was strictly talking about PDW/SD/HD uses.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast