Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't anyone offer a 357Sig AR pistol?

Feedback Score
    Rudy at Macon Armory is working on 10MM, trying to get reliable feeding. I have one of his DI 45ACP uppers and a 7.62x25 Tokarev also. They function great. The length of the 7.62x25 is about the same as a 357 Sig.
    Last edited by batman4706; 08-12-17 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Why not just re-chamber the 9mm barrel or your choice to .357 SIG?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Does the Underwood Leigh Defense round in 357 sig 65 grain plus p at 2100FPS bring the round into a new deal?

https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...=7865934315577

Underwood said the velocity is out of a 4.5" barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Why doesn't anyone offer a 357Sig AR pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by batman4706 View Post
    Rudy at Macon Armory is working on 10MM, trying to get reliable feeding. I have one of his DI 45ACP uppers and a 7.62x25 Tokarev also. They function great. The length of the 7.62x25 is about the same as a 357 Sig.
    When I bought my D/I .45 upper (probably going on 3+ years back), was talking it over with Rudy over the phone. He said that he was building .357 SIG uppers for someone to use in conjunction with their issued .357 SIG duty weapon. Want to say either the P226 or P229 magazines... but was more of an aside, as I was only considering .45 or 9mm.

Would definitely touch base with him if there was interest in .357 SIG. If blowback, he will sell barrels/parts to make your own. I’ve never heard of a D/I .357 SIG, which I’m sure would be mentioned if he got it reliable enough for market, but I know he wouldn’t sell those D/I setups in anyway other than a complete upper.

I had an issue with the gas rings binding up (he had a batch of one piece rings that were defective), and Rudy pretty much said that he considers these uppers like his kids. I recommend any company where the owner speaks that highly of his product (opposed to “it is the best, my competition don’t have s*** on me”), because you know he wants it to run for you instead of it being primarily about the money.

And just noticed the age of the thread...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Can't find one for the life of me (using Google at least). Lone Wolf and Quarter Circle 10 have them on hold. Anyone know of one that functions well?

I think the 357Sig would make an awesome little PDW-type weapon, and an AR pistol format would be awesome.
    Because it’s a dead or dying round. Not going to make them enough money to produce it.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Why?

Business rules and profit.

It doesn't matter if you and 5 friends want one.

Get 10K friends and then, maybe. But likely still not.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Because it’s a stupid idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Because it’s a stupid idea.
    Valuable input. Can't thank you enough.

11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I work as Merchant Marine Officer. I get a lot of ocean towing work because I am also a licensed Vessel Security Officer. We usually tow knocked down oil rigs from the western hemisphere to various African oil ports. On the average we sight pirates on every voyage and have to discourage then about half the time. We have had to repel them 9 times. Tugs with large tows make very attractive targets for pirates because they are low free board, and usually quite slow(how fast can one tow a barge about 3-4 acres in deck area?).
    9mm is the most popular caliber for handguns and SMGs because the ammo is available everywhere. For long range "discouragement" a .50 BMG round is about the ultimate, next would be the Dillon minigun because although its accurate range may be less than the .50, it does churn up a lot of water and can be walked onto a really long range target.
    I have packed a .357 Sig 226 from time to time, but decided that the range advantage was wasted in a handgun, although the close up effects are substantially better than the 9mm. I thought about a MP5 in .40 S&W, but one does not want to have a really unusual caliber in an environment where ammo replenishment might have to be from a shipmate who has a 9mm.
    If I could have found a .357 Sig barrel for the MP5 I might have gone for it. But with the MP5 there are other things that would have to be modified. The best bet for a .357 Sig SMG might be a M3 "grease gun" which can be seriously messed with and still function-and they did make the M3 (not the M3A1) in 9mm.
    Usually the whole crew, 11-14 on the tug and 5-7 on the barge will be packing 9mms usually Sigs, the dedicated VSO will also carry a long gun, SMG or .308 auto rifle, FALs are favored. Simply put, handgun and SMGs will be up close and personal, and the difference between a hot 9mm and .357 Sig probably won't be noticed. And try and find .357 Sig ammo in Lagos, Nigeria!
    Last edited by Jack2427; 12-11-18 at 23:25.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Jack, I'd be very interested in hearing more about this when you have time, and security aspects permitting.

It would make for an interesting thread to read when you have the time and inclination.

And stay safe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast