Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AK Guys ... Need your opinions on this potential purchase

Feedback Score

AK Guys ... Need your opinions on this potential purchase

It's the stamped receiver, not the milled one

Full description is
    Century Arms AK63DS Semi Auto AK-47 Hungarian Surplus Under Folding Stock RI2397-X

Link to details
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/cent...ak-underfolder

I don't own an AK, and this "seems" legit for the price but would appreciate the input of AK Yoda's as to whether this is a decent choice. Honestly, I don't plan to shoot it or add to it much, just want something decent to shoot recreationally now & then.

I like that it has a new stamped receiver, new barrel and otherwise surplus Hungarian FEG parts.

That said, I don't know what I don't know here ... I've never even fired an AK.

EDIT ... this seems to be a much better choice, better overall. Def like that I can mount an optic to it https://www.classicfirearms.com/zast...-rifle-ri2087n
    Last edited by PattonWasRight; 07-12-17 at 08:08.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    It's the stamped receiver, not the milled one

Full description is
    Century Arms AK63DS Semi Auto AK-47 Hungarian Surplus Under Folding Stock RI2397-X

Link to details
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/cent...ak-underfolder

I don't own an AK, and this "seems" legit for the price but would appreciate the input of AK Yoda's as to whether this is a decent choice. Honestly, I don't plan to shoot it or add to it much, just want something decent to shoot recreationally now & then.

I like that it has a new stamped receiver, new barrel and otherwise surplus Hungarian FEG parts.

That said, I don't know what I don't know here ... I've never even fired an AK.

EDIT ... this seems to be a much better choice, better overall. Def like that I can mount an optic to it http://<b>https://www.classicfirearm...bs_reviews</b>
    NPAPs are good rifles. Especially with the rebate going on now.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I agree that NPAP is a good rifle. Personally I would stay away from an under folder on my first ak. Go with the M70, it's a good rifle at a good price.

Feedback Score
    It kinda depends on why you want the AK. If you want it to be a practical rifle, a fixed stock is better for shooting. If you want it to be 'representative of the breed', well that right there is it.

Feedback Score
    Okay ... you guys have me with a definite lean to the M70 NPAP made in Serbia by Zastava

If I understand correctly, some of their design is proprietary?

You can't change the stock to 'generic' AK for example?

Having a solid receiver optic mount base on it is a big plus. I'm not a fan of the stock sights, they look like a Mosin's,

https://www.classicfirearms.com/zast...-rifle-ri2087n
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    The underfolder is the first AK I ever wanted, and after shouldering one it's the last one I would ever own.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    The underfolder is the first AK I ever wanted, and after shouldering one it's the last one I would ever own.
    Thanks, can you help me understand why? Not comfortable, or ... ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    Thanks, can you help me understand why? Not comfortable, or ... ?
    Horrible cheek weld. My buddy called it a "teeth rattler." Buy one with a sidefolder if you must have a folding stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Horrible cheek weld. My buddy called it a "teeth rattler." Buy one with a sidefolder if you must have a folding stock.
    Ah, obvious, no real cheek weld, thx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, I would strongly recommend that you stay away from any AKs built from surplus parts. Especially those built by either Century Arms or Inter Ordnance (IO Inc), or anything else manufactured by either of those companies.

OTOH, Century Arms does import a fair number of AKs that are built overseas, such as the Yugo Zastava rifles that are OK. If you really want to get a GTG rifle, just go ahead and save a little longer and buy the basic Arsenal rifle. It will serve you much better, and for much longer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast