Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AK Guys ... Need your opinions on this potential purchase

Feedback Score
    My first AK was a $500 Lancaster build on a Romanian "G" parts kit.. with original barrel. It was a sweetheart and I dearly miss it, easily more accurate than combloc requirements and very well-built. Did I mention I miss it? My next was a really nice looking $900 Arsenal with canted front sight, but since I was able to zero, Arsenal would not fix it. I've seen some garbage WASRs and some that really shoot. Check out AK Operator's Union for more AK news if you are new to the platform, you won't regret it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    My first AK was a $500 Lancaster build on a Romanian "G" parts kit.. with original barrel. It was a sweetheart and I dearly miss it, easily more accurate than combloc requirements and very well-built. Did I mention I miss it? My next was a really nice looking $900 Arsenal with canted front sight, but since I was able to zero, Arsenal would not fix it. I've seen some garbage WASRs and some that really shoot. Check out AK Operator's Union for more AK news if you are new to the platform, you won't regret it.
    Sounds like you miss that Romanian rifle? Sorry Brother, I know the feeling. AK Operators Union ... yep, been using up bandwidth there. That guy is really knowledgeable. Is he pretty much the "The Man" when it comes to AK knowledge? Seems that way to me at least.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Dont forget UF aks cant/dont have side rails... important if you ever want to use combloc optics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Potshot View Post
    Dont forget UF aks cant/dont have side rails... important if you ever want to use combloc optics.
    UF stands for ?
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    UF stands for ?
    Under folder

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Under folder

Official Kremlin Transmission
    Thank you Kremlin HQ. I noticed that when as considering a UF and that's when I got the full stock version which has the the optic mount ... plan to do the RF bracket and a red dot.

Feedback Score
    The arsenal/russian side folders also wont alot you to fold and have a optic/sidemount present. Romanian type side folders allow you to though, theyre not terribly comfortable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since you're new to AKs, do yourself a favor and stick with steel surplus mags. Bakelite mags & circle 10 polymer mags usually are as reliable as steel mags and I'm sure Magpul's ak mags are as well (I've still yet not used them). Mags from Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Romania, Russia, Egypt, and Chinese flat backs have all been good to go in my experience. Right now you can find Romanian 30 round mags for $8.99 at desert fox sales. AIM Surplus has Polish mags for
    $10.95, and my favorite deal is the 5 for $25 U fixem deal at SG Ammo. Out of 20 mags I had one that was not fixable. Hope this info helps you enjoy your new Yugoslav AK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As an AK connoisseur since the mid 90's, in order of preference...

Arsenal Bulgarian SLR series
    Arsenal Russian SGL series
    Russian VEPR Series
    Hungarian (original import) FEG SA85M
    Chinese Norinco MAK-90 and so forth
    I have lots of direct hands on experience with all of the above.

Why no Polish (Archer or Beryl)? Just price & availability, quality is great.
    Why NOT Romanian? Quality problems.
    Why NOT kit builds from surplus parts? Quality problems.

That's my $0.02

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potshot View Post
    The arsenal/russian side folders also wont alot you to fold and have a optic/sidemount present. Romanian type side folders allow you to though, theyre not terribly comfortable.
    Yes but the side folders allow for a side rail which the UF don't at all

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast