Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scalarworks OPS Sights

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I got a set a few weeks ago and they're really nice. The design is really well thought out and they're super light. I'll do a review and post some pics when I get some more range time with them but in short: they're great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    I've never had a use for fixed sights other than the normal FSB. These sights look to be so elegantly designed (like your other mounts), that I find myself "needing" a set.

For clarification, the width of front sight post has been redesigned to what end? Same use but new sight radius or a new use?
    My unofficial design brief for these was "design fixed sights nice enough that people who don't use fixed sights will want them"

The front sight post is thinner because stock A2 front posts that are on most fixed sights were designed for a longer 20" sight radius.
    SCALARWORKS - SHOOTER DRIVEN®
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scalarworks.com / 1-844-556-1913 (900-1700 EST)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalarworks View Post
    My unofficial design brief for these was "design fixed sights nice enough that people who don't use fixed sights will want them"

The front sight post is thinner because stock A2 front posts that are on most fixed sights were designed for a longer 20" sight radius.
    So the post is as wide as a man at 150ish meters...awesome!

You've succeeded at your job unofficial task.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Love the tool free sight adjustments- but wondering why not a QD type knob for tool free on/off instead of a wrench? Not a knock..just wondering.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Love the tool free sight adjustments- but wondering why not a QD type knob for tool free on/off instead of a wrench? Not a knock..just wondering.
    Fair question given what we're most famous for.

As shooters we would routinely take our optics off rifles for cleaning, transportation, and to try the optic on different rifles. But we almost never did any of that with iron sights.

We asked Larry how often he removed his iron sights and he said he never did.

As efficient as our QD mechanism is it still adds weight, complexity, and bulk compared to a cross bolt. By making the OPS bolt-on we were able to make them a full half ounce lighter than our nearest competitor.

We did design and make our own custom hollowed out cross bolt with a smooth shoulder and torx socket.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Scalarworks OPS Sights

Will be ordering a rear for my 10.5" FSB.

Now, design some flip-ups

Official Kremlin Transmission

Feedback Score
    I wish I would have known about these sights a week or so ago. I have the DD A1.5 sight and like it but wanted to go with a removable sight so I went with a LMT carry handle cut down type sight. Wanting something a little more compact and being that my wife liked the DD sight, I bought a LaRue BUIS QD LT103. I like the LaRue sight, but I would have seriously considered a Scalarworks sight.

Do you sell just your rear aperture?

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I wish I would have known about these sights a week or so ago. I have the DD A1.5 sight and like it but wanted to go with a removable sight so I went with a LMT carry handle cut down type sight. Wanting something a little more compact and being that my wife liked the DD sight, I bought a LaRue BUIS QD LT103. I like the LaRue sight, but I would have seriously considered a Scalarworks sight.

Do you sell just your rear aperture?

Thanks, NYH1.
    Thanks.

No we don't sell any of the parts on their own as they are all proprietary. They don't work with any other sight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fair question given what we're most famous for.

As shooters we would routinely take our optics off rifles for cleaning, transportation, and to try the optic on different rifles. But we almost never did any of that with iron sights.

We asked Larry how often he removed his iron sights and he said he never did.

As efficient as our QD mechanism is it still adds weight, complexity, and bulk compared to a cross bolt. By making the OPS bolt-on we were able to make them a full half ounce lighter than our nearest competitor.

We did design and make our own custom hollowed out cross bolt with a smooth shoulder and torx socket.
    Excellent reasons- thanks for the quick response!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

No we don't sell any of the parts on their own as they are all proprietary. They don't work with any other sight.
    Ok thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast