Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX for duty

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    The critics of this pistol seem more afraid that it might actually be better than their pistol of choice, than how it actually performs.

Well, seems you have the situation all figured out then. Enjoy Beta testing, and thanks for your service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunow View Post

Well, seems you have the situation all figured out then. Enjoy Beta testing, and thanks for your service.
    There are no reported problems with this pistol that I know of.

John Chapman beta tested it for me, as did the other nations before it was released in the US.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    There are no reported problems with this pistol that I know of.

John Chapman beta tested it for me, as did the other nations before it was released in the US.
    I haven't seen any issues show up with the APX so far. While there doesn't seem to be a ton of them out with real world rounds through them, it seem favorable so far.

I am really digging the one I have been testing out. The more I shoot and tote it around, the more I am leaning towards relinquishing my bias toward more compact sized pistols. While the APX is a full sized pistol, it carries just as well in an off duty environment as my 320 does. I'm still not 100% sold on it, due to the sights, but overall, Beretta seems to have done some pretty serious homework.

It is very obvious that Beretta built the APX as a duty weapon, not a CCW. I am very curious to see what they have up their sleeve in a CCW role with this platform.

At this point, I am planing on picking up an LE version before I return this one. As Combat has stated, better sights are in the works so I won't have to deal with the factory ones for too long.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-16-17 at 15:08.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    Interesting tidbit I discovered, with the pic rail insert installed on the X300U A, the light will hit the front of the trigger guard before
    the retention bar engages the last slot on the pic rail on the frame of the APX, it's very close but no cigar, I'll try the glock insert later.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Did you use the P plate or the U one? When I tried to slide my X300U-A on the HK VP9 I bought last night I found it wouldn't fit. Same problem you describe. When I changed it to the U plate, no issues. Slides on and off with ease now.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Nice.....needs the black backstrap insert. I am seriously thinking about a greay or OD green one for mine.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    Still going back and forth, it's on there now.
    I must say the frame swap is pretty much an armorer level task.
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 07-21-17 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Beretta APX for duty

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Interesting tidbit I discovered, with the pic rail insert installed on the X300U A, the light will hit the front of the trigger guard before
    the retention bar engages the last slot on the pic rail on the frame of the APX, it's very close but no cigar, I'll try the glock insert later.
    Did you try it with the spacer removed from the back of the X300U? That should allow it to slide back further on the rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 07-21-17 at 22:26.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Beretta APX for duty

Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Did you use the P plate or the U one? When I tried to slide my X300U-A on the HK VP9 I bought last night I found it wouldn't fit. Same problem you describe. When I changed it to the U plate, no issues. Slides on and off with ease now.
    See my post above. This will allow you to use the P insert as designed, on the VP9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nightstalker865; 07-21-17 at 22:35.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast