Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire guys, did I buy a fake?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Surefire guys, did I buy a fake?

Or am I just a complete idiot? Full disclosure this is my first foray into surefire caps and switches.

I have a Surefire SR-07 switch on order from a great member here, but he didn't have the tail cap for me to buy. I was told they are on Ebay for cheapm so I began browsing. Using the surefire part number (UE-BK) I tracked one down through a dealer with a perfect seller rating. I was assured it was legit. I received it today, and I think it's not right at all.

20170712_173322 by Willis, on Flickr
    20170712_173325 by Willis, on Flickr
    20170712_173327 by Willis, on Flickr
    20170712_173343 by Willis, on Flickr
    20170712_173344 by Willis, on Flickr

Light: Surefire Scout M600
    Switch incoming SR07
    thought I purchased the right switch UE-BK, just need a little help thanks!~
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Fake. The metal stippling definitely has multiple imperfections -- something I've never, ever seen on a legitimate Surefire product before. The width of the raised band is all whacked out too.

Be very wary of purchasing from Ebay! It's flooded with Chinese counterfeits. I caught some ChiCom red-handed after I purchased some Daniel Defense fakes. I called him out on his bullshit, and he had the nerve to ask what I noticed about it, and a full refund. Again, be careful.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmcgavinson View Post
    Fake. The metal stippling definitely has multiple imperfections -- something I've never, ever seen on a legitimate Surefire product before. The width of the raised band is all whacked out too.

Be very wary of purchasing from Ebay! It's flooded with Chinese counterfeits. I caught some ChiCom red-handed after I purchased some Daniel Defense fakes. I called him out on his bullshit, and he had the nerve to ask what I noticed about it, and a full refund. Again, be careful.
    Thank you man it's as I feared. I normally wouldn't even mess with EBay but a member recommended that they could be found cheap on there. I'll ask for a full refund.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    It's tough to say without holding it in person, but it looks legit. The knurling and other milling looks correct. It is quite common for Surefire parts to have machine marks and small imperfections in the anodizing on the sharp edges of the knurling.

However, it is one of the older UE caps (identifiable by the gray ring, new ones are black) which may not thread into the newest Scout bodies because the cylinder under the spring is too wide.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    It's tough to say without holding it in person, but it looks legit. The knurling and other milling looks correct. It is quite common for Surefire parts to have machine marks and small imperfections in the anodizing on the sharp edges of the knurling.

However, it is one of the older UE caps (identifiable by the gray ring, new ones are black) which may not thread into the newest Scout bodies because the cylinder under the spring is too wide.
    I tried to have the picture show the farthest that I can thread that cap on my M600. I am currently writing an email to the seller so if you are saying it's legit, just an older model maybe it was his understanding that I'd know the difference between the two. Do you guys sell this cap Will?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I tried to have the picture show the farthest that I can thread that cap on my M600. I am currently writing an email to the seller so if you are saying it's legit, just an older model maybe it was his understanding that I'd know the difference between the two. Do you guys sell this cap Will?
    We don't sell them alone on our site, but I have one if you want it. It's the newest version, brand new in packaging. Send me an email with your contact information and I'll get you set up: will@arisakadefense.com.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    That cap looks legit to me. But yes the older version, and just barley screws on and stops on the newer bodies. Surefire will swap it out free of charge. They swapped a few for me not too long ago. But Sounds like Slippers has you covered.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-13-17 at 23:50.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    TSurefire will swap it out free of charge. They swapped a few for me not too long ago. But Sounds like Slippers has you covered.

If Surefire will swap it out for free, that would seem a more honorable way to go.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    We don't sell them alone on our site, but I have one if you want it. It's the newest version, brand new in packaging. Send me an email with your contact information and I'll get you set up: will@arisakadefense.com.
    It is gestures like this that depress me that I do not own more of your products.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If Surefire will swap it out for free, that would seem a more honorable way to go.
    Yeah I will contact Surefire and see if they are willing to do this. Anyone in particular I nee to get in contact with?

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    It is gestures like this that depress me that I do not own more of your products.
    No kidding. Will took excellent care of me. They have a customer for life now, next level customer service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast