Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seecamp .380 for shorts weather?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    P380, use it when wearing gym shorts or long days at the office wearing scrubs. The Ulti-Clip is great for beltless carry.

20132868_10155475804483686_1938440782_o.jpg20133480_10155475804953686_1424767939_o.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMO you'd be better served carrying your LCP2 than the Seacamp. I know two Seacamp owners and both say that the pistol is less than reliable. I have an LCP 1 and even with the looooong trigger pull / reset, lack of sights and diminutive size, it shoots decent groups and has proven to be reliable. Although slightly larger, in a proper pocket holster, the LCP2 should look like a wallet in your pocket.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FWIW I own & have carried both a NAA Guardian (stainless)380 & a Ruger LCP(blued)380 as BUGs here in hot humid FL. Neither the NAA nor the Ruger LCP in 380 are any "fun" at all to practice with but if ever actually needed for their intended purpose I doubt that the lack of "fun" will be an issue. The NAA is not a light BUG but has never shown signs of rust and has worked with out fail for approx 500 rds now. The Ruger is light and has now run approx 500 rds without failure, but it will start to rust rather quickly. Both will now shoot till empty every time and will at 7yards group the the size of my medium sized fist(with the ammo the guns decided to eat without issue). BTW I almost always wear shorts & a fishing shirt, & EDC carry a Glock model-19. Good luck and maybe check out the NAA offering.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    IMO you'd be better served carrying your LCP2 than the Seacamp. I know two Seacamp owners and both say that the pistol is less than reliable. I have an LCP 1 and even with the looooong trigger pull / reset, lack of sights and diminutive size, it shoots decent groups and has proven to be reliable. Although slightly larger, in a proper pocket holster, the LCP2 should look like a wallet in your pocket.
    THANK YOU! I'm getting enough feedback on the seecamp now. Reviews are moderate at best.

I think I'll just make do with the LCP II now for days that my j-frame seems too bulky. The little sucker is pretty accurate. I was shooting pretty good groups at 15 yards. At the rate things are going, someone will be making a full 9x19 capable weapon about the same size as the LCP in a few years.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    THANK YOU! I'm getting enough feedback on the seecamp now. Reviews are moderate at best.

I think I'll just make do with the LCP II now for days that my j-frame seems too bulky. The little sucker is pretty accurate. I was shooting pretty good groups at 15 yards. At the rate things are going, someone will be making a full 9x19 capable weapon about the same size as the LCP in a few years.
    Actually Rohrbaugh has been for a few years now but they're pricey.

Edit: looks like they were sold to Remington over 3 years ago. Don't think they're still made.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-15-17 at 14:29.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Actually Rohrbaugh has been for a few years now but they're pricey.

Edit: looks like they were sold to Remington over 3 years ago. Don't think they're still made.
    Have you had a chance to shoot one? I am curious how well they would feed, with such compact dimensions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Have you had a chance to shoot one? I am curious how well they would feed, with such compact dimensions.
    Actually I owned one but I'll bet it's been the better part of 10 years ago. I know +P ammo was verboten and the one time I fired it I don't recall any issues, although I don't remember what ammo I used. It was rather spunky. The reason I sold it is because it was a PIA to field strip for cleaning; there was something about it's construction that precluded normal field stripping. I figured for a pocket gun that lint and stuff like that might be a hindrance over time and the inability to get at it easily turned me off.

I wanna say it was north of $800 IIRC.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Actually I owned one but I'll bet it's been the better part of 10 years ago. I know +P ammo was verboten and the one time I fired it I don't recall any issues, although I don't remember what ammo I used. It was rather spunky. The reason I sold it is because it was a PIA to field strip for cleaning; there was something about it's construction that precluded normal field stripping. I figured for a pocket gun that lint and stuff like that might be a hindrance over time and the inability to get at it easily turned me off.

I wanna say it was north of $800 IIRC.
    Gotcha. I vaguely remembering seeing an R9 at the range years ago, and the guy said it was pretty fussy.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Rohrbaugh was bought by Remington a couple of years ago, FWIW.

IIRC, you had to change the recoil springs at 500 RDS and it was designd to be bought, tested reliable, then shot very sparingly. Not a gun you practice with often.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I've got a Ruger LCP II, but the finish is prone to rust, and the trigger is light for a pocket gun. Yes, it's kept in a pocket holster, but it's still lighter than what I like for a pocket BUG.
    I feel the same. A pocket gun is not a duty gun and I can't believe the triggers on many of them. alghouth they don't list models I am sure many of the sad stories that make the news involve these.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast