Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you guys enlighten me why this Colt AR was so desirable??

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How so...is this a Colt AR rule only?? Why would it sell for $1600 bones & blue book has it double that? His New & a little old stock blue Box law enforcement carbine 6920's only brought $900, which should have a little more desirability over current new ones?? I think He is supposed to bringing me an SP1, but no box...I bet it brings decent money since folks indeed collect them & I would consider it & call it a collectable Colt AR. I don't follow Scott, can you expand??

Original packaging can add anywhere from 25%-100% to the actual gun from what I follow, but when you start getting into the older stuff I dig the boxes are extremely rare...let's be honest. Colt & Winchester made some great guns back in the day, but their packaging sucked ass. Doesn't mean they are not collectable without the boxes?? The price it sells for currently vs what it was when new is where I place values in regards to collectability...if it continually increases in value over time, then it is deemed a collectable. Packaging is simply gravy to the value.

Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Its not NIB. Its not collectible.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Z cote guns just aren't that collectable. They have an undesirable large pivot pin slabside lower and most are found in condition which is not NIB. One or two of these guns show up on the market every year and they all have some issue that keeps them from being collectable: scope mounting marks, no box, used with wear/scratches, etc.

I wouldn't pay more than $3K for a NIB one either.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Meh, just another AR, painted camouflage.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like it alot, but not for 1,630. Was this a "special edition" type thing ?
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    They made either 250 or 125 of them. It's the rarest colt rifle made

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    If I had known that was up on gunbroker I would've bought for that without hesitation. I do enjoy pre 64 model 70 winchesters.
    I have a 1928 "Nickel Steel" model 94 30/30 that was my dad's. It will be going to my daughter.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Not sure everything that is collectible needs to be new. If someone is willing to pay a premium, regardless of its newness or if it comes with a cardboard box, its collectible.
    "As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Again, any firearm that continues to appreciate is collectable in my eyes...being mint & in the original box just adds more points. I had a opportunity to buy a NIB M16 about a decade ago for $6k & if it came around again, I sure wouldn't pass it by because the packaging was missing. Some rare guns are almost impossible to find 100%, much less the packaging...the firearm itself drives the collectability & agree with devildog it's not worth that to me. However, if explorinthewoods is correct then the buyer made a hell of a buy & will look back thinking I goofed letting it go.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    What I have found is that there were a total of 150 of the Camo Companion pistols made. There were supposedly 500 of the AR-15s made. That 500 has never been broken down as to how many were the Carbine vs the A2 version anywhere I have found. The third item of the set is an Armadillo tactical case. Colt broke up the sets after about 25 were sold and sold the rest of them as individual pieces. The sets are rare. The 1911 itself is rare. Many Colt collectors have never heard of or seen one in the wild. The Carbine version is rare as in all of my searches, less than a handful have been accounted for. No, I do not have an A2 version. But I do own a set with the Carbine. And also with the same serial number on a Silver Star 45, as is on my Camo Companion. The AR has had 1 mag run thru it. The 1911 has never been fired since it left the factory and has little wear even on the barrel bump edge. Extras that now reside with the 1911 are NOS USGI Checkmate mags beside the one Colt mag that came with it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    They made either 250 or 125 of them. It's the rarest colt rifle made

Its one of the rarest standard production models made. It is nowhere near the rarest semi auto Colt made AR-15.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-16-18 at 10:56.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast