Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 with Mexican Defense markings on Gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ok, that's it. You guys are a bad influence. Actually, I'm happy to report I picked one up. Can't wait to get it. At $700ish, it's quite a deal. Heck, you could part it out for more than we paid. Gonna stay put though. Hold on, do you hear that? It's the Cartel crying.

Feedback Score
    So has anyone submitted for the M4 rebate?
    https://coltrebates.pmcprograms.com/...sion/contact/3
    Free range bag and magazine, but it has to be from a "Colt Stocking Dealer". Well, obviously the guys selling the Mexican 6920's have a large stock of Colt rifles. Hmmmm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So did the guys selling these buy them directly from Colt, or through a middleman?

Obviously these guys have expenses, yet they are selling them around $200.00 - $300.00 cheaper than a 6920 on a couple of fairly large dealer websites. (to me a Colt carrying handle is worth more than a polymer BUIS).

This has made me curious just what the profit margin is on these rifles in today's market.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone know if the seller will ship to Colorado? Most sellers will pull magazines to ship or leave disposal of the magazine to the receiving FFL but some like Buds just refuse to do anything other than tell you FU.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not sure. I'd message the seller through GB. They responded to a question I had earlier.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddyhair View Post
    Not sure. I'd message the seller through GB. They responded to a question I had earlier.
    Thanks, they responded very quickly indeed, they just pull the magazine from the box and good to go.

So... I have another question for you fine gentlemen.

Other than nostalgia or personal preference is there any reason I would choose the version with the carry handle? The parts on the Magpul furniture equipped ones are worth about $150 and would be preferable to me as I've never been a fan of the carry handle set up.

Is the carry handle model particularly collectable now that Colt have stopped making them?

I'm also contemplating just getting two of them. This is a great price on an LE6920... even if I were to buy one and convert the barrel nut and rail on it and then throw the other one away for future sale or rainy day.
    Last edited by gunf1ghter; 08-22-17 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I can't really answer to your question about the carry handle model, but as far as buying two, I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

If you are planning to buy another 6920 anyway, then I don't see how this model would be worth less than a standard 6920. Worst case, the extra marking won't be worth any more than plain 6920 models.

Function won't be any different from a plain 6920 either.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    I can't really answer to your question about the carry handle model, but as far as buying two, I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

If you are planning to buy another 6920 anyway, then I don't see how this model would be worth less than a standard 6920. Worst case, the extra marking won't be worth any more than plain 6920 models.

Function won't be any different from a plain 6920 either.
    Okay, if there really is no more value in the carry handle model I will likely just order another one with the Magpul furniture & MBUS... at $689 shipped it is an unbelievable deal on a really solid carbine.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone heard if these ever made it to Mexico, and then were returned?

Was told only the carry handle carbines are spec'd per Mexico's SDN. The magpul carbine is spec'd differently, to include more than just furniture.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So, I finally received my copy of the Mexico 6920. Rifle was in perfect condition except for the fact that it came with a bullet button installed. Go figure. Contacted them and hoping to get a Colt mag release sent out asap. Either way, I'm completely satisfied - thought I'd mention/update though.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast