Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 with Mexican Defense markings on Gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    Mine has the 4 position. I got curious after you guys just said that.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    I just checked mine and you are correct. Only two positions, all the way in and all the way out. I think that's is cool. It adds to the uniqueness that there's more to this rifle than just the markings.
    That's odd. If you remove the buttstock, how many slots do you see in the receiver extension?
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    4 slots.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Mine has the 4 position. I got curious after you guys just said that.
    Is yours the carry handle version? I think these came in 3 versions.

Feedback Score
    I heard back from the GB Deals people...the Colt rifles are gone. They would not elaborate on what gone means...and yes, I did ask. They are trying to get sme more rifles...not sure if they are going to be the same configurations. I asked to be notified of any new deals.

The other company selling these...gundeals has 36 units left over of the Magpul edition. I am not a magpul fan, so these are not for me.

Those LE6920 SOCOM rifles are done too...at least for now.
    "As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    That's odd. If you remove the buttstock, how many slots do you see in the receiver extension?
    Just 2 positions. I want to have a Colt receiver extension installed that has more positions, but I am wondering if that will effect the collectability of the gun--not that it is very collectable at the moment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    Just 2 positions. I want to have a Colt receiver extension installed that has more positions, but I am wondering if that will effect the collect-ability of the gun--not that it is very collectable at the moment.
    I doubt it would effect the value as long as you kept the original 2 slot tube.

If you switch to a 4 position tube keep the 2 position one available in case you sell it. If these ever go up in value collectors will want all of the original parts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Old Pawn Stars rule, largely accurate: stuff available in enough quantity/price to be bought as a collectable rarely appreciate to collectable status.

You got a good deal. Unique marking. Odd config. Go enjoy it!

To the Colt collector who has to have one of every variant, maybe a few will sell. But it's still a 6920, and worse, an overrun.

M4A1 markings might be worth talking about.

Feedback Score
    A rifle here and there is not really a collection...but if you have 15-20 and they are unique, thats a different story. Too many to go around to really make them that collectible. SHTF...they have a lot more value.
    "As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Old Pawn Stars rule, largely accurate: stuff available in enough quantity/price to be bought as a collectable rarely appreciate to collectable status.
    They were not made as collectibles. They were actually made for the Mexican military/police. No doubt it will be worth more than the same rifle without the Mexican markings. How much more is anyone's guess. My guess is not as much as the LEO only markings. In a few years I can see them going for $100 or $200 more than the same rifle without the markings.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast