Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 with Mexican Defense markings on Gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Mine only came with one steel mag?? Carry handle version
    A friend got three. There were three pmags that shipped with mine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How did the Magpul items get on some of these. Did Colt just add them on, to sell them commercially after the contract was cancelled, or did the original purchaser order them that way?
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    How did the Magpul items get on some of these. Did Colt just add them on, to sell them commercially after the contract was cancelled, or did the original purchaser order them that way?
    Nobody knows.

It's possible that they were just production overruns and Colt finished them with whatever was handy.

All I know is I got a sweet LE9620 with magpul furniture for a really good price.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There's always somebody who knows.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    Why do people always say "colt just used whatever They had left or whatever was handy"? Sounds like they are just throwing crap together. It's BS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why do people always say "colt just used whatever They had left or whatever was handy"? Sounds like they are just throwing crap together. It's BS
    I don't know, maybe because some of us have worked at places and seen that happen? Just a thought.

Did the Mexican police/military order the M4s in a variety of configurations including a Magpul equipped configuration? It's possible, it just doesn't seem likely.

Manufacturers have shipped everything from firearms to toaster ovens to pickup trucks based on having extra parts available and wanting to move out that inventory.

Feedback Score
    That's the kind of thing that happens in our garage or small shops. Let's don't use hearsay.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's the kind of thing that happens in our garage or small shops. Let's don't use hearsay.
    It does not happen in garages and small shops, it happens at places like GM or Sony as well.

You are right, it is total speculation. I guess what I don't understand is why you are getting so offended by it.

The only people that know why those rifles are sold in that configuration are Colt.

I'll put it to you another way. If you had a contract for 1,000 M4s for Mexico and you produced 2,000 lowers just in case you were awarded a contract for more... and then it became clear the contract was dead, would you go through the trouble of destroying them and notifying the ATF or would you try to sell them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    It does not happen in garages and small shops, it happens at places like GM or Sony as well.

You are right, it is total speculation. I guess what I don't understand is why you are getting so offended by it.

The only people that know why those rifles are sold in that configuration are Colt.

I'll put it to you another way. If you had a contract for 1,000 M4s for Mexico and you produced 2,000 lowers just in case you were awarded a contract for more... and then it became clear the contract was dead, would you go through the trouble of destroying them and notifying the ATF or would you try to sell them?
    I am not exactly offended. It's more along the lines of Unsubstantiated evidence. (Fake News). Happens to often on threads. Hearsay water downs the thread with BS
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am not exactly offended. It's more along the lines of Unsubstantiated evidence. (Fake News). Happens to often on threads. Hearsay water downs the thread with BS
    It's not hearsay, it is speculation that I clearly reported as speculation. Fake news would have been if I said "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy whose brother works at Colt". That would be hearsay AND fake news assuming I made the whole thing up.

Do you not understand the difference? Is there some horrible reason we can't speculate how these rifles showed up as available for purchase in the USA?

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast