Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 with Mexican Defense markings on Gunbroker?

Feedback Score
    I got the carry handle version and it had the 4 position buffer tube.
    Last edited by indianalex01; 09-26-17 at 17:31.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    I got the carry handle version and it had the 4 position buffer tube.
    Mine is the two position. Interesting. I wonder why Colt made some with two position and some with four? Makes me wonder if the Mexicans ordered some of each?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    Mine is the two position. Interesting. I wonder why Colt made some with two position and some with four? Makes me wonder if the Mexicans ordered some of each?
    Colt has been building a lot of off spec items it seems. Cleaning out the parts room or is it something else...
    "As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    They were not made as collectibles. They were actually made for the Mexican military/police. No doubt it will be worth more than the same rifle without the Mexican markings. How much more is anyone's guess. My guess is not as much as the LEO only markings. In a few years I can see them going for $100 or $200 more than the same rifle without the markings.
    Fully aware of the background & context. It's not just stuff made as collectables, though they pretty much never become valuable. If the availability and cost to set them aside are low, there will not appreciate like you think. Extreme example: moonlanding newspapers

Scarce does not automatically equate to higher value. And these were not even particularly scarce.

So equating Mexican secondary rollmark probably is not in the same vein as LEO, M4A1 or other similar markings.

Great deal, have fun. Hope I'm wrong and they double in value.

And the good news is even if they don't you still have a decent rifle for a great price

Feedback Score
    M4A1-, LEO-, and Mexico-marked lowers will all fetch a premium among collectors. Uninformed or uncaring buyers will not know or care. Based on buyer reviews, the Mexican rifles appear to be of no lower quality than LEO-marked guns, and likely will fetch a premium on the open market. At least we can all agree that diversity is the spice of life, and never have these rifles been less expensive.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    Funny what passes as collectibles today...take for example, my tactical hummel collection...just kidding.

Regardless of collectability, these Mexican rifles tell a story, and depending how creative you are, it could be a great story. I am sticking with the cartel story and these were returned as the fast and furious smuggling operation blew open. People love stories...and these rifles will tell a good one.

The price alone on these was good enough reason to buy and buy and buy...
    "As a society, we rediscover that the value of a right is not in what it hides, but in what it protects."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by renov8 View Post
    Funny what passes as collectibles today...take for example, my tactical hummel collection...just kidding.

Regardless of collectability, these Mexican rifles tell a story, and depending how creative you are, it could be a great story. I am sticking with the cartel story and these were returned as the fast and furious smuggling operation blew open. People love stories...and these rifles will tell a good one.

The price alone on these was good enough reason to buy and buy and buy...
    Yours was a Fast and Furious rifle, too? Awesome!
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    So are the CZ P-07s marked SDN Mexico DF going to be collectible too?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Yours was a Fast and Furious rifle, too? Awesome!
    If I buy another AR, you can bet my wife would fast be furious
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast