Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NV Setup help

Feedback Score
    I've heard very good things from videos & forums about the D2 although sadly don't own one...yet. I too just recently entered the NV game when acquiring an Armasight gen 3 PVS14 a few months ago and picked up a Dbal-I2 single spectrum a few weeks ago. I was initially leary on the I2's quality from all of the research I had compiled before purchasing it but actually am damn impressed now with its performance given the price point. Being a college student, I'm attempting to stay on the cheaper side of "quality" setups with success so far. I also use an Ops Core Bump w/ Wilcox G11 mount. It's weird using headmounted NV at first but I've become somewhat comfortable with navigating terrain - you'll find that you're unaided eye isn't really a hinderance and the brain sort of naturally forcuses only on the aided eye's activity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Patriot View Post
    I've heard very good things from videos & forums about the D2 although sadly don't own one...yet. I too just recently entered the NV game when acquiring an Armasight gen 3 PVS14 a few months ago and picked up a Dbal-I2 single spectrum a few weeks ago. I was initially leary on the I2's quality from all of the research I had compiled before purchasing it but actually am damn impressed now with its performance given the price point. Being a college student, I'm attempting to stay on the cheaper side of "quality" setups with success so far. I also use an Ops Core Bump w/ Wilcox G11 mount. It's weird using headmounted NV at first but I've become somewhat comfortable with navigating terrain - you'll find that you're unaided eye isn't really a hinderance and the brain sort of naturally forcuses only on the aided eye's activity.
    How long did it take you to get comfortable navigating with the PVS14?

Feedback Score
    2-3 hours walking through the house...after hitting a few door frames it was easy. I've spent maybe 2 hours total outside navigating to and from our barn and walking in a couple fields. Honestly I haven't spent as much time behind it as I should, but I'll be having a couple of weeks off work coming up before schools starts up again so I'll log a dozen or more hours shooting/walking under the PSV14 hopefully. I will probably purchase a white phosphorus PVS14 unit next, but that will have to wait for a couple years. If you want any pics, let me know.

Feedback Score
    Is their any difference in the overall life expectancy in NV tubes based on whether they're filmed or unfilmed (total usable hours)? Or does filmed and unfilmed only affect durability and light transmission?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurp View Post
    Is their any difference in the overall life expectancy in NV tubes based on whether they're filmed or unfilmed (total usable hours)? Or does filmed and unfilmed only affect durability and light transmission?
    I'm unsure of the tube life question but I do believe that filmed tubes aren't as sensitive to sudden visible light exposure and potential subsequent damage. With that said, I've also heard that unfilmed tubes are more efficient at gathering ambient light resulting in better image transformation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12