Thread: Which Dead Air Armament suppressor mount muzzle device would you choose, and why ?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)

Which Dead Air Armament suppressor mount muzzle device would you choose, and why ?

Which Dead Air Armament suppressor mount muzzle device should I choose for my 18" inch long 6.5 Creedmore barreled AR10 ? I will be getting one of their suppressors at some point. This is not for a games or match use. If their brake is to loud, I do not want it, if it is *about* 1/2 as loud as the Surefire muzzle brake, then maybe. Does one affect a rifles accuracy more than the other one, unsuppressed? Also will they both perform to a somewhat lesser degree when using a .308 caliber muzzle device on a 6.5 barrel ?
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-15-17 at 21:48.

Feedback Score
    I would and did go with the muzzle break option for the sandman k I just ordered. I don't have experience with their specific break but the break section is similar enough to other breaks that I feel comfortable saying that it will be loud. That's just kind of how muzzle breaks are. Some more so than others but all the same, loud. If noise is going to be an issue running unsuppressed the a flash hider will probably make you most happy. As to the 6.5 going through a 308 break. You would probably lose a little bit of breaking but neither really recoils enough to make a break mandatory. If you need maximum recoil reduction though I think your choice is made. Breaks do make shooting nice in some ways (spotting own shots or reducing recoil), worse in other ways (loud). Weigh the options and choose your compromise. Unfortunately only you can make the decision and the quiet break that eliminates all recoil does not exist. If in the end you are unhappy with your first choice switching is only what ~$80-90 more on a $1000 suppressor and $200 tax stamp and and 11 month wait?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have some of each. On my 308 rifles I use the brake. It's not quite as blasty as a surefire brake because it has two small forward facing ports, one on each side, which direct gas across the brake ports. This also reduces the fireball effect.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com