Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 16" Spr barrel recommendation

Feedback Score

16" Spr barrel recommendation

Hello
    I am looking at replacing the barrel on one of my M4's with a 16" Spr contour barrel. Can't I get some recommendations for something under $300? Looking for SS, 223 wylde 1:8..will not be suppressed.

The only ones I have looked at so far are Ballistic Advantage and Rainier. There has to be more out there to consider.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Usually 18" in the 'spr contour'
    Anyway, you have many choices.
    The cheapest, while still being good is the dpms mk12 barrel, don't be fooled by the dpms name, as this barrel is pretty accurate for the price.
    Next, we step up in price, something more along the line is the woa spr barrel, and I think they have a 16" as well, if not give a call.
    And finally, compass lake engineering you could get a criterion barrel, or even Douglas but it may be a little over your budget. Remember you can look for sales and stuff as well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loglew42 View Post
    Hello
    I am looking at replacing the barrel on one of my M4's with a 16" Spr contour barrel. Can't I get some recommendations for something under $300? Looking for SS, 223 wylde 1:8..will not be suppressed.

The only ones I have looked at so far are Ballistic Advantage and Rainier. There has to be more out there to consider.
    Thanks
    You say "SPR Contour", but don't want 18", so that means you're making some adjustments for your own wants/needs.

Would you mind sharing any other requirements/expectations/priorities? Accuracy demand? Weight?
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    Usually 18" in the 'spr contour'
    Anyway, you have many choices.
    The cheapest, while still being good is the dpms mk12 barrel, don't be fooled by the dpms name, as this barrel is pretty accurate for the price.
    Next, we step up in price, something more along the line is the woa spr barrel, and I think they have a 16" as well, if not give a call.
    And finally, compass lake engineering you could get a criterion barrel, or even Douglas but it may be a little over your budget. Remember you can look for sales and stuff as well.

Can you please elaborate..........The price of a barrel has absolutely no effect on it's accuracy, or lack of. Interested in how the price of the barrel has anything to do with its performance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    Can you please elaborate..........The price of a barrel has absolutely no effect on it's accuracy, or lack of. Interested in how the price of the barrel has anything to do with its performance.
    Meaning you can get close to 1/2 moa for less that 200 bucks with that barrel, I have personally seen it get below 3/4 multiple times.
    A woa or cle barrel can get that or better but you are paying close to 300.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
    How that correlation exists really needs to be explained?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Criterion makes a fine SS/Nitride 16", Wylde chambered barrel.
    I'm running one and getting MOA or better to 400.

Feedback Score
    The ability to utilize a 1/2 moa vs 1moa barrel is going to mostly be on the shooter. There is a certain point of diminishing return...A woa vs Proof research for example.

Feedback Score
    Daniel defense 16" S2W barrel. Not SS though, nitride. Usually about $290

https://danieldefense.com/16-mid-length-1-7-s2w-profile.html
    Last edited by Aetius; 07-16-17 at 14:20.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast