Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Purpose Bipod

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

General Purpose Bipod

I'm considering getting a bipod for general use. The other day, I was able to stretch my Noveske out to 600m and hopefully that will become a more common occurrence. I also want something more stable to zero/diagnose issues off of - usually I just use an ammo can or range bag. That being said,is Harris the only decent option for under $150? Im not convinced I need a $200+ Atlas because it will likely see seldom use. General order of priorities for me: quality/durability, price, mounting system (ideally be able to interface w/ keymod and MLOK without a pic rail, weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a couple Harris and a Harris knockoff. The Harris is most definitely better made than the knockoff--which turned out to be pretty much a waste of 20 dollars.

I use mine on an precision LR-308 and on my MK12. Works well. There are Harris adapters that mount directly to KM and MLOK.

While the Atlas seem nice, I get what I need out of the Harris and cannot justify double the price for my uses.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I find the Harris w/ cant adjustability to be ideal for my use and frankly - budget. Best advise you setup w/ samdbags as you will primarily use the bilod, then measure height of your rig and go from there for the bipod height. Many work, but one should never fight their setup.

Establishing a repeated, solid setup with a consistent Natural Point of Aim (NPA) is key. Anyone can 'make do' for a few shots ...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Harris with cant adjustment has always worked well for me. Just install a bipod stud at the bottom of your handguard; no pic rail needed.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like a Harris would do just fine for you. Mine is adjustable for cant and i have the spring loaded, notched legs.

I want an Atlas but can't justify the money for how little I use it.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Harris with the swivel base will be just fine for general, and especially, limited use. The terrain here is very brushy so I often find that my 6-9" models are a little too low for prone shooting. I find myself using the 9-27" model more often, which is helpful for sitting positions as well. The Pod-lock accessory is very useful as well if you get a swivel model.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own two Harris bipods. One with and one without can't.
    I would go with the Harris with the can't and not look back. They are the Toyota Tacoma's of bipods.
    Yeah you could do better, but not for that kind of money.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    The one must-have upgrade for the Harris - locking lever. Here are a couple:
    http://rifleshooter.com/2015/01/harr...d-eab-s-lever/
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The swivel locking lever is pretty much a must.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Awesome, thank you guys. I've seen the Harris around but just wanted to make sure there wasn't another option out there that I was missing since I've never once even considered a bipod. Shooting out that far was pretty fun though, hence the interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast