Daniel Defense 9.5 FSPM
    BCM Vertical Grip
    IWI Gastube

Streamlight Protac
    Leupold LCO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looks like you put a lot of effort into your rig. How does she shoot? Anything you don't care for after heating up the thing?

Congrats.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    How do you like the Leupold LCO?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That took some time getting all those great parts together for that build. Congrats it looks awesome. How's does it feel and function. Do you like the Super 42 buffer assembly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Looks like you put a lot of effort into your rig. How does she shoot? Anything you don't care for after heating up the thing?

Congrats.

PB
    I was surprised no tuning was necessary. It's definitely on the heavy side so I am able to throw some shots off quick while maintaining great control. I got a triple tap in the A box of an IDPA target at 20 yards while running towards it.
    The push button safety is the only thing I don't like though, I'm definitely going to switch it out for a regular short throw one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    How do you like the Leupold LCO?
    It's definitely a beautiful chunk of metal. I would say not at all worth the price.
    I'm not a fan of the Aimpoint style optics with the tube vision or small window so I went with this.
    If I had to do it over I would probably get an Eotech EXP3 and magnifier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
    That took some time getting all those great parts together for that build. Congrats it looks awesome. How's does it feel and function. Do you like the Super 42 buffer assembly.
    It's heavy but since it's close to my body I can still swing and maneuver it's fast.
    300 Rounds went through it yesterday with not a single issue from the first round.
    I adjusted the gas block to get a 2:30 ejection pattern & then set the lock screw.

I have changed 2 other ARs buffer system to the Super 42. Can't say it made them any better but it sounds a lot better without the twang.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdougg92 View Post
    It's heavy but since it's close to my body I can still swing and maneuver it's fast.
    300 Rounds went through it yesterday with not a single issue from the first round.
    I adjusted the gas block to get a 2:30 ejection pattern & then set the lock screw.

I have changed 2 other ARs buffer system to the Super 42. Can't say it made them any better but it sounds a lot better without the twang.

I think a little extra weight is ok knowing you've got a durable rifle that will last you a long time. Any thoughts of adding a sling to counter the weight and steady your shot

I like a 4:00 throw if I can get it that way I know it's rolling off the deflector. I've noticed less dented brass that way if you reload.

With the super 42 is there a difference between this one and the others you have used it on. Short barrel or long barrel mid length or carbine H1 or H2. Does it function well with all of them. I am thinking about that set up instead of vltor A5 for a future build is why I ask.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
    I think a little extra weight is ok knowing you've got a durable rifle that will last you a long time. Any thoughts of adding a sling to counter the weight and steady your shot

I like a 4:00 throw if I can get it that way I know it's rolling off the deflector. I've noticed less dented brass that way if you reload.

With the super 42 is there a difference between this one and the others you have used it on. Short barrel or long barrel mid length or carbine H1 or H2. Does it function well with all of them. I am thinking about that set up instead of vltor A5 for a future build is why I ask.

I have a PWS Mod 2 MK116. It came with an H2 buffer. I took the weight out of that one and put it in the Super 42. It's a mid length system & haven't noticed a difference.
    I have a custom build with a carbine Adams Arms piston system. I run it on the suppressed setting and made the Super 42 carbine weight & it's absolutely the softest shooting AR I have ever fired.
    This SBR is a carbine system as well with the H1 buffer. I might see what happens if I lighten it.

But just remember ARs have been doing fine for over half a century with noisy buffer springs.

Feedback Score
    I tried the LCO at a 3gun match that leupold Troy and silencerco were sponsoring and I like the field of view but the 1 moa dot was hard for me to see because you have this massive eye box but the dot is so small. A buddy of mine bought one and he's meh about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast