Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop kills women who called 911, another ND? (Minneapolis, MN)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Having never been to ND, I will refrain from offering an opinion on that one. I can say I have never had an interest in visiting MN...
    I've been trying to get you an invitation, but we are picky. Dontcha' know...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not gonna lie, I wanna cut my ears off when I hear a MN accent.
    About the only place you hear a "Minnesota accent" is the movie Fargo. You might be thinking of Yoopers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I've been trying to get you an invitation, but we are picky. Dontcha' know...
    It's not a slam on MN per se, I just can't think of anything the state has to offer that would be of interest to me so never came up on the radar screen
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It's not a slam on MN per se, I just can't think of anything the state has to offer that would be of interest to me so never came up on the radar screen
    Well, MN does have the Mayo Clinic... so if you are really sick it would be worth the trip. I lived there for 3 years while my wife worked at Mayo. Being from Texas my first winter was pretty cool(snow doesn't insta melt), then the second winter I decided that it was worthless frozen tundra and I hated it.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Well, MN does have the Mayo Clinic... so if you are really sick it would be worth the trip. I lived there for 3 years while my wife worked at Mayo. Being from Texas my first winter was pretty cool(snow doesn't insta melt), then the second winter I decided that it was worthless frozen tundra and I hated it.
    So far, the Mayo is about the only thing that comes to mind that would be a motivator. I left NE because cold and snow suck nads.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm just thinking;
    If I'm in a car and the guy I'm working with is a bit nervous and he decides that pulling his weapon from his holster while we are moving is in the best interest of our safety when;
    A) There is no visible threat.
    B) We don't have a positive identification of an actual crime.
    C) Currently No One either of us can see is being assaulted.
    I really need a different partner. I mean, I really, really need a different partner.
    I'm pretty sure we aren't going to read about all of the problems and chaos this guy has caused, it is likely embarrassing even to the people who forced him upon Police Department, but if you've read this thread front to rear, it is clear Police work might have not been his forte.
    It might take a very long time to develop a "Standard" but the "Standard" has served us well. Deviating from the "Standards" developed over perhaps Decades or even a Century may make liberals feel good for a moment, but this is a very good example of why we stick with "Standards".
    Not everyone is cut out to bear the Standard, that's what make those people who are "Standard Bearers" so unique and why they have a key place in our society.
    Should everyone get a chance to prove themselves, well certainly, as long as they meet the "Standard."
    It Actually really is that Simple.
    Last edited by Averageman; 07-27-17 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm just thinking;
    If I'm in a car and the guy I'm working with is a bit nervous and he decides that pulling his weapon from his holster while we are moving is in the best interest of our safety when;
    A) There is no visible threat.
    B) We don't have a positive identification of an actual crime.
    C) Currently No One either of us can see is being assaulted.
    I really need a different partner. I mean, I really, really need a different partner.
    I'm pretty sure we aren't going to read about all of the problems and chaos this guy has caused, it is likely embarrassing even to the people who forced him upon Police Department, but if you've read this thread front to rear, it is clear Police work might have not been his forte.
    It might take a very long time to develop a "Standard" but the "Standard" has served us well. Deviating from the "Standards" developed over perhaps Decades or even a Century may make liberals feel good for a moment, but this is a very good example of why we stick with "Standards".
    Not everyone is cut out to bear the Standard, that's what make those people who are "Standard Bearers" so unique and why they have a key place in our society.
    Should everyone get a chance to prove themselves, well certainly, as long as they meet the "Standard."
    It Actually really is that Simple.
    Good points.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    About the only place you hear a "Minnesota accent" is the movie Fargo. You might be thinking of Yoopers.
    I have a friend from far northern Michigan and her entire family sound like they're from Canada or the cast of Fargo.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I have a friend from far northern Michigan and her entire family sound like they're from Canada or the cast of Fargo.
    Interesting article:
    Upper Peninsula (U.P.) English,[1] also known as Yooper English,[2] or colloquially as Yoopanese,[3] is a variety of American English native to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (locally abbreviated as "U.P." and the basis for the endonym "Yooper"). Upper Peninsula English is considered a subset of North Central (or Upper Midwestern) English, an American regional dialect, or set of dialects, in transition.[4] Although spoken throughout the U.P., it is primarily spoken in the western U.P.,[citation needed] and not all residents use these features. Equally important[according to whom?] is that many of these features are found throughout the Upper Midwest, especially in northern Wisconsin and northern Minnesota and to a degree in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan.

Yooper differs from standard English primarily because of the linguistic background of settlers to the area. The majority of people living in the Upper Peninsula are of Finnish, French Canadian, Cornish, Scandinavian, German, or Native American descent. The Yooper dialect is also influenced by the Finnish language making it similar in character to the so-called "Rayncher speek" (presumably an eye dialect spelling of "Ranger speak")[clarification needed] spoken in the Mesabi Iron Range in northeast Minnesota. Almost half the Finnish immigrants to the U.S. settled in the Upper Peninsula, some joining Scandinavians who moved on to Minnesota.
    At least...interesting to me. I lived on the Mesabi Iron Range for a few years and can attest to the influence that Finnish immigration has on the local dialect. Rest of Minnesota...not so much. I've lived in the Brainerd area, home base for the characters in the movie Fargo, area for about 30 years and that dialect is as foreign to the locals here as it is to Will, although most can tolerate it better than Will.

Feedback Score
    Have them say,

Out and about in a boat.

Even they can hear it then.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast