Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop kills women who called 911, another ND? (Minneapolis, MN)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Bit dramatic there.
    Yeah, but being lied to constantly tends to make me a bit grumpy. Gotta watch that.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    So according to the driver they were pulling into the alley and the passenger officer had his gun out already in case of an ambush. They stopped and the victim ran up to the driver window. As she was running up there was a loud bang noise and the passenger officer leaned over and shot her. The driver officer didn't know what the loud noise was. Apparently there is a possible witness that the driver officer said was on scene that left without being interviewed.
    Especially considering location I fully expect the officer will be charged.
    Not the guy I would want riding in my passenger seat.
    I've not done the job, but I've done a long career in the .mil I've seen people who just weren't wired for being given a gun and asked to go to dangerous places and do dangerous things.
    You've either got control of yourself and your assigned weapon or you don't.

Feedback Score
    Where did the shooter think he was? If the rationale was he feared an ambush, where exactly doesn't he fear an ambush? This area isn't exactly the South Side of Chicago.

Loud noises at night are what scares my 9 yo daughter.

So it was such a high-stress and dangerous mission that he had his gun out and at the ready, but they didn't turn on any cameras.... that will take some interesting logic gymnastics to explain if this goes to trial.

Is doubled up officers in a car standard practice in MSP?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 07-19-17 at 07:39.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also, I'm not sure how smart it is to call the Police about some shots being fired and then go outside your house to meet the responding Officers.
    Really, just give your address and sit and wait. I'm pretty sure if they want to talk to you, they'll knock on your door.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Also, I'm not sure how smart it is to call the Police about some shots being fired and then go outside your house to meet the responding Officers.
    Really, just give your address and sit and wait. I'm pretty sure if they want to talk to you, they'll knock on your door.
    This was my 2nd thought after wondering if either officer can hear anything. You had better be saving my life if you are going to shoot across me while inside a vehicle!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    She reported shots fired? I thought it was a potential sexual assault?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also, just an observation:
    I've got a Cop from Somalia and a Woman who is from Australia both worried about some "shots fired" in what is likely a decent neighborhood.
    That this happened a couple of weeks after the 4th of July might really mean some kid had some leftover M80's rather than some gun play taking place.
    But if you're not from the U.S. you might ratchet it up to a higher level and get a bit more excited than someone more familiar with the area and customs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But if you're not from the U.S. you might ratchet it up to a higher level and get a bit more excited than someone more familiar with the area and customs.
    He came to America 'at a young age' according to one article. He attended Augsburg College in Minneapolis, graduating in 2011. Assuming 4 years in college, that runs us back to 2007 or 2008.

From what I can tell lived in America for 9 or 10 years minimum before this incident.

He should be familiar with the customs.

Feedback Score
    I've got a Cop from Somalia and a Woman who is from Australia both worried about some "shots fired" in what is likely a decent neighborhood.
    That this happened a couple of weeks after the 4th of July might really mean some kid had some leftover M80's rather than some gun play taking place.
    That is the second time you have mentioned 'shots fired' on when all I read it was a possible sexual assault. Do you have a source for the woman reporting that there was shooting?

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep and last year I thought the same thing. I live in a great neighborhood in a great upper middle class/upper class area. Crime is none existent. Last year shortly after July 4th..... One night I took my dog out for a walk before bedtime. About 12 midnight. I cross the street and proceed to walk up the street towards an intersection. As I do I hear a laud pop sound. I'm thinking.... great, kids are going to be setting off fireworks when I'm trying to go to bed! I cross the intersection go up a little more. Come back down, go home. Next morning I drive past that intersection, which is only a hundred feet past my house, and the whole street is closed off with yellow tape. That pop noise I heard was a gun shot. Home owner was shot in the head. It was a love triangle and the other guy was jealous. It was the first murder in my area in 30 years!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast