Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead Air Key-Mo Stuck Muzzle Device

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    Wouldn't anti-seize make it more likely that they will separate?

Perhaps I'm not torquing the KeyMo onto the Omega enough. I only have the wrench that came with the Omega. If I had another one, I'd be able to torque it down more.
    The anti-seize makes it so you can take it apart at a later time, and prevents thread galling. Correct torque is what holds it together. The instructions say 35 ft lbs, the same as the low end torque value for an AR15 barrel nut, which cannot be unthreaded by hand.

I use two of the saker wrenches positioned so I can squeeze them together.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The instructions say 35 ft lbs, the same as the low end torque value for an AR15 barrel nut, which cannot be unthreaded by hand.
    Mine is definitely not torqued enough then. I'll pick up another wrench. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mine is definitely not torqued enough then. I'll pick up another wrench. Thanks.
    It's aggravating that SiCo has traditionally only included one wrench with the Omegas. Just like the Saker you really need two in order to squeeze the wrenches together like Slippers said.

With that said good job to the OP, very astute observation. Granted I'm not one for the use of Rocksett nor do I use it on my customers' guns. Proper torque and correct timing is typically all that's needed to keep a muzzle device in place even with heavy duty semi-automatic use of a suppressor.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That's weird about only getting one wrench. My Saker came with two. One doubles as a spanner and a tool to remove/install the front cap. The other is a simple spanner.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    That's weird about only getting one wrench. My Saker came with two. One doubles as a spanner and a tool to remove/install the front cap. The other is a simple spanner.
    SilencerCo must have changed their multi-tool. I checked out their website and mine doesn't look like the one pictured. There is no spanner wrench.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    SilencerCo must have changed their multi-tool. I checked out their website and mine doesn't look like the one pictured. There is no spanner wrench.
    That's pretty stupid on their part. You really NEED two spanners to properly tighten the Saker body to the mount.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12