Thread: Wilson Accu-Rizer vs AeroPrecision Ultralight SPR Scope Mount

Feedback Score

Wilson Accu-Rizer vs AeroPrecision Ultralight SPR Scope Mount

Right now I have a Leupold 1.24-4x VR-X Patrol in a the aforementioned Wilson mount. I never take it off and it seems kinda heavy.

I was wondering if there is any benefit, besides the obvious weight savings, to the Aero ultralight SPR mount.

It seems that the Wilson mount is higher from the bore and I was wondering what benefit, if any, that provides.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by BigTex2000; 07-19-17 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the same scope in the Aero SPR mount and for me it gives perfect placement for nose to charging handle, same weld as for iron sights which I like a lot. Had it about a year with no issues other than the Patrol target turrets snagging and turning.

If I am reading it right, the WC, is an inch higher than the Aero? If so, I would think the Aero would have a more natural cheek weld. 1" higher is probably halfway between iron sight height and a carry handle mount which is more like a chin weld.
    Last edited by JasonB1; 07-19-17 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    well the Aero is less than half the weight BUT IMO that weight being where it's at on a carbine/rifle is right where you'd want it to be and the 5 oz. weight savings wouldn't be worth the effort. Depending on how much you could get out of the Wilson selling it, I'd consider something that could offer you more benefit such as QD from a Larue LT-104 of an ADM Recon...the Laru LT-104 is rated at 7.1oz so a tad less than the Wilson but the QD can be very helpful if you ever need/want to deploy BUIS (assuming you're running BUIS).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You do NOT want extra weight on top of your AR, even if it's close the fore and aft CG. Heavy optics are a bane to a good handling AR. It makes the rifle feel dead and top heavy. Yes, it's worth it to save 5 oz
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American