Thread: Rock River / RRA LAR-PDS Pistol

Feedback Score

Rock River / RRA LAR-PDS Pistol

There seems to be a dearth of fresh info "out there" on the RRA LAR-PDS (.223/5.56) - anyone have any first-hand experience with them? Most info "out there" dates from when they first came out back in 2010. Not interested in "my friend has one..." or what you otherwise have, but FIRST-HAND good or bad experiences with this rig...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm thinking that anything RRA or Springfield Armory should be stayed away from just on principle. However, RRA is not known for their high quality, long lasting products. Stay away.

Feedback Score
    Interesting.

What principle(s) are you referring to which would force you to stay away from SA and RRA? What have you experienced/seen/read/heard - I am not familiar with any issues with these manufacturers.

Asamatteroffact, aside from some absolutely crappy ammo from Homeland Munitions in Utah, I have had zero issues with my SA M1A, M1 and 1911. And no issues either with my three RRA Entry Tacticals, one which went SBR.
    Last edited by Assaultdriver; 07-19-17 at 22:14. Reason: Misspell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They are undoubtedly cool, but the weight of the gun is totally unnecessary. Even in Pistol form it weighs too much. RRA does fine with the AR platform because of decades of experience. A totally new platform with their history doesn't bode well.

Doesn't seem like a "bad" gun, just be aware it will always be a pig, and if you break it, you might be SOL.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Assaultdriver View Post
    Interesting.

What principle(s) are you referring to which would force you to stay away from SA and RRA? What have you experienced/seen/read/heard - I am not familiar with any issues with these manufacturers.

Asamatteroffact, aside from some absolutely crappy ammo from Homeland Munitions in Utah, I have had zero issues with my SA M1A, M1 and 1911. And no issues either with my three RRA Entry Tacticals, one which went SBR.
    Here you go:

https://bearingarms.com/david-l/2017...illinois-ffls/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...e-dont-forget/