Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Hybrid for 1st can

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    What's the can for? Why do you want it?
    What gun is it going to live on the most?
    Indoor or outdoor?
    If outdoor - range or I have back 40 I shoot on?
    Something cool to own as a collector. It will probably go on my Daniels Defense 556 the most. Mix of indoor and outdoor, out to 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselvrr View Post
    Something cool to own as a collector. It will probably go on my Daniels Defense 556 the most. Mix of indoor and outdoor, out to 100 yards.
    I would get a 30 cal can and use that on rifles both 556, 300, and 762. Just my opinion but I dont really see the point of suppressors on pistols (I have a few) unless it's for home defense. In that case you would be better off with a smaller can on a pistol for home defence. Pistol cans can be fun as hell on sub guns but again I would get a purpose built one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I would get a 30 cal can and use that on rifles both 556, 300, and 762. Just my opinion but I dont really see the point of suppressors on pistols (I have a few) unless it's for home defense. In that case you would be better off with a smaller can on a pistol for home defence. Pistol cans can be fun as hell on sub guns but again I would get a purpose built one.
    awesome, glad i started this thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Octane 45 on CZ scorpion=most fun you can have at the range.

People think I'm shooting a paint ball gun lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I bought a hybrid as my first can which just cleared early June. The main host is my .300blk sbr and it works great. I also use it on my G19 but like others have said it is a big can. What sold me on it was the versatility and with it being my introduction into the suppressed game, it fit the mold perfectly for me. On a pistol it's large, but not so heavy it's difficult to shoot, though like others have said, it's probably better to have dedicated rifle and pistols cans.

I plan to buy more later that will be pistol/rifle specific, but for now I am more than happy with my purchase. The ASR system for the rifles is great and if I were to go it again, I'd do exactly as I did.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I currently have 3 cans, a saker 556 (original, not the new ASR model), Sandman-s, and omega 9k. I will admit a couple of those were more 'impulse purchases' than anything as I got a pretty good deal. Beyond that, looking back I wish I would have gone a different direction. As far as rifle suppressors, I would get a full sized 30 cal can of some sort (300 SPS, Sandman L, Specwar 7.62), and a mini 556 can (sandman k, 556 mini, specwar 556k) that could share the same QD attachment system. If you want rimfire or pistol cans, get a specific one for that purpose. I have a hybrid in the range as a demo can, and it works just fine, but is too big and heavy for much of what people use it for. If you are suppressing a 5.56 AR almost all of the time, get a can that works the best for that purpose. It will be shorter, lighter, and usually work about as well.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm a SiCo fanboi and have 5 of their cans, either in my possession or in jail. I don't have a Hybrid. I've considered it multiple times but every time I seriously consider it and compare it to other cans, I decide that is is a jack-of-many(not all)-trades, and master of none. If I could only own two cans forever, I think there's some merit to a Hybrid and a Spectre II duo to cover all bases. But, since I can (and do) own more than two, the Hybrid just doesn't have a place for me. Others mileage may vary, of course.

I can see how the Hybrid interests many first time can buyers. I suspect they ultimately end up getting other more host specific cans and using the Hybrid on a rifle with the ASR mount and not taking advantage any longer of its versatility. Changing from the ASR mount to the piston housing or direct thread mount, in the middle of a range session, while the can is hot and dirty, would get old really quick. Hell, I got annoyed at changing the piston spring over to the fixed barrel spacer in the middle of a range session with my pistol can and had to get a second pistol can just to dedicate the two cans to their separate purposes. Gotta have more cans!

Feedback Score
    For the most part I agree with Hero, the Hybrid is probably cool if you are going to have just one (I would no plan on swapping it around a ton during one range visit though). On paper it appears to be ok for several applications but not really great at any particular one (rather heavy and fat for a pistol can, a little long for 556, it seems like it fits in best with 30 caliber rifle cans). The only place that it seems like it really stands as unique is in it's 458 socom and 45-70 capabilities but not too many people are looking for that and even then you're limited to 16" barrel minimum.

It might be fine for a first time purchase though. It would give you the ability to use it in multiple ways and learn more about what you want in a silencer. It probably won't be your most used if you end up buying more though. One thing to consider is that I don't think it comes with all the various mounts and pistons to set it up so you might end up paying considerably more than you expect. My guess is that you'll be looking at several hundred dollars ($450-ish) in accessories. You might be able to find a pistol can and a rifle can for similar cost and shoot them without having to swap any parts around.

For example:
    It seems like these usually are retailing for around $800 online with one direct thread mount. Add in an ASR mount, 2 flash hiders, and 2 pistons and you're up to around $1200+200 tax stamp.

Looking at Capitol Armory, you could pick up a 30 cal can (under $600 for older AAC or DeadAir k) and a Ti-rant 45 ($350 on Capitol Armory), +200 on similar accessories, +400 tax stamps and walk away with roughly the same cash spent but with two cans. Or buy two on Capitol armory and get the Ti-rant free... but then you're most likely spending considerably more money.

Hybrid end cost: $1450
    Ti-Rant 45 and AAC SD762 cost: $1550

I can tell you from my experience I prefer to use the solution that was tailored specifically to meet the task at hand. But if you listen to me you'll end up with a silencer for every rifle and no cash for ammo.
    Have fun with whatever you go with.
    Follow me on Instagram @triggerguard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerguard View Post
    But if you listen to me you'll end up with a silencer for every rifle and no cash for ammo.
    Have fun with whatever you go with.
    That's what I'm afraid of.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerguard View Post
    Looking at Capitol Armory, you could pick up a 30 cal can (under $600 for older AAC or DeadAir k) and a Ti-rant 45 ($350 on Capitol Armory)
    I think what you meant to say is get a $600 30 cal can, a 22 can and then get a FREE Tirant. They are $350 OR free if you buy two non tirant cans OR an SBR.

If you're going to buy two cans from capital armory right now, one of them should definitely NOT be a tirant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast